Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Apr 20, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #3,061 of 6,444
Marchingmule, maybe you like Baccano!

EDIT: Obviously for the above reasons you mentioned regarding Anime.

Apr 20, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #3,062 of 6,444
And if you like Baccano, you'll like Durarara.

Apr 20, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #3,063 of 6,444
Hrmm....I know Baccano and Durarara are on my list to check out, so it's good to see people recommending them. I actually own Claymore but haven't put it in yet. I'm a little behind on the queue. Probably going to check Persona out next for the same reason I checked out Toradora!

Apr 20, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #3,064 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finished "Claymore" last night. As somebody who dislikes the majority of anime for its over-the-top portrayed emotions and actions (especially the "cutesy" type, I can't handle that crap), I'm glad I can put this alongside the Evangelion series on my shelf. Dark and never too overly dramatic, it was an enjoyable watch through all 26 episodes.

thats great to hear, i was looking at that one since its available in blu ray
biggrin.gif
but id never heard anything about it. I also love evangelion so ill check out the first couple episodes and probably buy Claymore.

also, im about halfway through planetes and thats a damn good show i think, not flashy or actiony at all though.

Apr 20, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #3,065 of 6,444
I was considering upgrading to the blu ray for Claymore, but I'm not sure if it's worth it since I hear it's an upscale from standard def material. Maybe if I watched the DVDs and love em to death, I'll grab the Blu Ray somewhere down the line and give the DVDs to my sister or some friends. It's what I've been doing with some of my upgrade stuff recently. The content gets pretty good reviews from some of the folks I trust though. Maybe since the game I run is canceled tonight I'll start it and Persona.

Apr 20, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #3,066 of 6,444
oh...i didnt realize it was upscales...but i dont own it already and i might as well get em lol ill go check out some reviews....i am excited for the FMA Brotherhood blu ray's though, the first one comes out 25 may of this year
smily_headphones1.gif
though unfortunately they are doing lossless true hd 5.1 audio for the english dub, but only 2.0 dolby for the japanese..

Apr 20, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #3,067 of 6,444
The review I read on the Claymore upscale was that some detail was lost, but it looks better overall. Basically boiled down to a no-brainer for the blu ray if you don't already own it. Take it with a grain of salt, however, since it is a single person's opinion, after all.

That sucks about the FMA brotherhood audio. Getting HD audio was the reason I bought Ponyo on blu ray from Japan instead of the US. This kind of stuff pisses me off, though I realize the marketing departments over here probably see me as a minority right now.

Apr 20, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #3,069 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finished "Claymore" last night. As somebody who dislikes the majority of anime for its over-the-top portrayed emotions and actions (especially the "cutesy" type, I can't handle that crap), I'm glad I can put this alongside the Evangelion series on my shelf. Dark and never too overly dramatic, it was an enjoyable watch through all 26 episodes.

OK yeah I am sentimental like that

Apr 21, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #3,070 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats great to hear, i was looking at that one since its available in blu ray
biggrin.gif
but id never heard anything about it. I also love evangelion so ill check out the first couple episodes and probably buy Claymore.

also, im about halfway through planetes and thats a damn good show i think, not flashy or actiony at all though.

Planetes is out on bluray too.

Apr 21, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #3,072 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Say what?!?! i couldnt even find a hd download for it...in the US?

Edit: its only in japan that i can find and without subtitles...

#Anime-Supreme - The Home of Great Anime -= Information =-
Since it's not in the US or some other countries, this group is accommodating for that. Will be released as a group batch torrent within 1-2 months. Available on IRC in the meanwhile.

Apr 21, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #3,075 of 6,444
I've never gotten sick of this anime.

supersaiyan3gokubyhellknight10_2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back