Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Apr 7, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #3,047 of 6,444
I enjoyed the K-On!! episode. I missed the gang.

Where's my Lucky star Season 2???

I hope the next Hellsing OVA isn't as speech-laden with those sorry mercenaries as the last one.

Apr 7, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #3,048 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
k-on imo worst i watched so far this season, troll of samurai one was funny

d/ling giant killing i bet its going to be boring.

k-on is one of the worst, but then again, i absolutely despise everything by kyoto animation except FMP

what's the full title for troll of samurai?

i was kinda surprised that i actually found some anime this season that i'd be interested in. thus far, i'm going to check out:
-House of Five Leaves
-Rainbow - Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
-Arakawa Under the Bridge
-Senkou no Night Raid

I want Heroman to be good because it's being produced by BONES and directed by Stan Lee but it's probably going to be cheesy and not very good.

Apr 7, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #3,049 of 6,444
Arakawa Under the Bridge is a wild one. It really takes you for a ride. The plot is... well there is no plot. It's hilarity packed into 20 minutes. lol

Apr 7, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #3,050 of 6,444
LOL, sounds like win.

Apr 7, 2010 at 9:05 AM Post #3,051 of 6,444
Mayoi Neko Overrun sucks bad ! zzz started skipping through it after a few mins.

hakuouki shinsengumi kitan is samurai one the troll subs were so fitting they did a great job

i thought heroman was great pretty much anything bones touches is amazingly better then the rest of the stuff for the season. ep1 has been out for a while

Apr 7, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #3,052 of 6,444
Mayoi Neko Overrun is indeed an utter piece of crap. It's so cliche with humor so forced it isn't funny. They tried too hard to make an uninteresting anime interesting that it backfired and actually made it 10 times worse.

Heroman feels really unextraordinary. It's a typical ordinary shounen turns hero anime. Joey's character is poorly paired with the seiyuu voicing him. I spent the first 10 minutes trying to figure out whether Joey was male or female due to the slenderness of the character.
rolleyes.gif
The story really isn't anything special either. Seeing Americans all speaking fluent Japanese is also a bit awkward. LOL
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #3,054 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by demoNMaCHiN3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
k-on is one of the worst, but then again, i absolutely despise everything by kyoto animation except FMP

what's the full title for troll of samurai?

i was kinda surprised that i actually found some anime this season that i'd be interested in. thus far, i'm going to check out:
-House of Five Leaves
-Rainbow - Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
-Arakawa Under the Bridge
-Senkou no Night Raid

I want Heroman to be good because it's being produced by BONES and directed by Stan Lee but it's probably going to be cheesy and not very good.

Least K-ON! 2 isn't the winner of the "Most Likely to Cause an International Incident" award this season...

/That would be Senkou no Night Raid. Seriously, a show featuring the Imperial Japanese Army's fictional exploits in interwar China?

Apr 8, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #3,056 of 6,444
Sigh looks like K-on! has even less to do with music this time around. I'd have prefered it if they kicked it up a notch. Calling the first scene to be the best scene in the entire series

Apr 8, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #3,057 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
/That would be Senkou no Night Raid. Seriously, a show featuring the Imperial Japanese Army's fictional exploits in interwar China?

LOL...ya know, I'm sure there are worse out there, through I'm drawing a Thursday morning blank right now to think of anything. It's got some people looking forward to it in previews to the season, so it sounds intriguing. Hopefully it's not just one of those cases where they take a interesting concept to pique interest then deliver something substandard.

@ MrGreen - You know, I haven't watched the episode yet, but I can't say that's too surprising. The extra episodes 13 and 14 were a little lackluster, IMO, so I'm just hoping they haven't run out of fun story stuff now that the group's roles are defined and such. Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy as a cat in a bag of cat nip that there's more K-On there.

Apr 20, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #3,058 of 6,444
Just finished watching Toradora! last night. I have to say, I didn't expect to like it as much as I did, and I really didn't expect it to be able to sustain my interest through the whole 25 episodes. Somewhere around episode 10, I was wondering how a comedy with harem elements would do in the long run, but it took some turns into a more dramatic nature and I ended up liking pretty much all of the main characters by the ending. It'll go on my to-buy list when NISA puts it out over here.

Apr 20, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #3,059 of 6,444
Finished "Claymore" last night. As somebody who dislikes the majority of anime for its over-the-top portrayed emotions and actions (especially the "cutesy" type, I can't handle that crap), I'm glad I can put this alongside the Evangelion series on my shelf. Dark and never too overly dramatic, it was an enjoyable watch through all 26 episodes.

Apr 20, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #3,060 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finished "Claymore" last night. As somebody who dislikes the majority of anime for its over-the-top portrayed emotions and actions (especially the "cutesy" type, I can't handle that crap), I'm glad I can put this alongside the Evangelion series on my shelf. Dark and never too overly dramatic, it was an enjoyable watch through all 26 episodes.

You do know that Claymore was shortened as an anime? It's not even supposed to be close to ending like that. Read the manga for the gory goodness that's still going.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back