Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Mar 30, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #3,031 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah i went and checked it out on wikipedia, looks like itll be a while though, since it just came out in theaters in january right?

Probably. I waited a while for Fate, in general, though. I'm not as much a fan of the anime as I am of the intellectual property, as a whole. It'll be interesting to see how they work with the UBW storyline. Maybe it'll get me motivated to actually take out and play my copy of the game.

Meanwhile, I'm probably going to marathon K-On first season sometime after this weekend's con. Got a few other things I haven't watched and wanted to check out, like Ikki Tousen and Queen's Blade. We'll see if they rate as "guilty pleasure" or "series I hate."

But yeah, watching anime has taken a back seat to constructing cosplay stuff for this weekend. My friends and I are a little behind.
confused_face.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #3,032 of 6,444
To be honest with you I didn't really like the FSN anime series at all. But as Equus said, it doesn't stop me from collecting FSN Figmas/Nendos/scale figures lol. Hopefully the movie converts me to a believer.

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #3,033 of 6,444
The FSN series is a bit lacking. It moved too slow to really capture your attention.

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #3,035 of 6,444
lol@ Sasahara. Yeah...my friend was giving me grief about how many Saber figures I have. I couldn't even remember how many it was.

For my money, I think the FSN anime tried to tie in too many little elements from the other two story paths that would only really be recognized by someone who had some background with the visual novel. I appreciated some of them, but I'm sure I missed a few and I know that some I just plain missed because I'm not solidly familiar with it. It kinda had elements of fan-service because of that, so I usually don't recommend the series unless someone is already a fan of the visual novel or world or are (like me) unabashed Saber groupies.

I tend to think it has a lot to do with the adaptation, since I don't remember being so annoyed with Shiro while going through parts of the visual novel. I joked with a friend that it seemed like every other episode that he was throwing himself in front of a spear or sword or something. Instead of an enemy-of-the-week format, it almost became a Shiro-evisceration-of-the-week which had me almost constantly rolling my eyes.

Mar 31, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #3,036 of 6,444
So far I'm planning on watching K-ON!! and Angel Beats! this coming season, esp. the latter since Key is involved. The previews made it look like a hybrid of Gunslinger Girl and K-ON! though and I honestly hope it's more unique than that.

Anything else I should consider?

Mar 31, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #3,037 of 6,444
One series I've started to enjoy recently is HeartCatch PreCure, the seventh series in the long-running PreCure franchise in Japan.

Yes, the drawing style reminds me a LOT of Ojamajo Doremi, but beyond that the storytelling and character development has been surprisingly good. I'm definitely will continue to follow this series.
good3.gif

Mar 31, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #3,038 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjpmkjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the subs really that bad?

The gg subs were sameday subs. Theyre soft, so you can replace them easily enough.

I wouldnt archive them. I'm waiting for ureshii.

Apr 4, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #3,040 of 6,444
Just saw 1.11 (Rebuild of EVA). Not too bad, and the Eng Dub was much better than I figured it'd be. I liked some of the supporting VA changes as well (yay for Greg Ayers). Though for some reason, I found the surround sound lacking. Or it wasn't utilized very well. Either/Or.

Edit: Thanks MrGreen. Guess I'll wait for newer subs. Also, just watched Gundam F91. Pretty decent, loved the suit designs. But really, ESB soundtrack much? How did they not get sued...

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #3,041 of 6,444
The first episode of Angel Beats! definitely met my expectations. It's quite a divergence from the typical Key plot (Kanon/Air/Clannad etc) but still retains a few traditional elements.

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #3,042 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The first episode of Angel Beats! definitely met my expectations. It's quite a divergence from the typical Key plot (Kanon/Air/Clannad etc) but still retains a few traditional elements.

I agree completely. It's going to be a fun ride.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #3,043 of 6,444
I've pretty much stopped watching anime because most of the stuff that is animated is generic trash (e.g. harem/fanservice/tsundere/ecchi) but I finally got around to watching Planetes. So far, I'm really liking it. It's really unique and the production qualities are top notch. Once Durarara finishes I'll be watching it next.

Apr 4, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #3,044 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoMan101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One series I've started to enjoy recently is HeartCatch PreCure, the seventh series in the long-running PreCure franchise in Japan.

Yes, the drawing style reminds me a LOT of Ojamajo Doremi, but beyond that the storytelling and character development has been surprisingly good. I'm definitely will continue to follow this series.
good3.gif

LOL, I love how in the second episode the monster flash-stepped behind Cure Blossom to try and whack her.
I don't know why I picked this up, but the fights are sometimes really cool.

In contrast, I remember how the sailor moon fights consisted largely of usagi running around like an idiot, barely evading attacks and getting thrown about before she gets around to finally using her hax tiara or something.

On another note, this anime has the second-longest transformation sequence I've ever seen in such a show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It felt like some kind of combination of Haruhi Suzumiya and Bleach or something. =\
I kind of love and lol at how they can beat blood out of each other profusely and not "die".

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #3,045 of 6,444
The K-On S2 eps 1 was just released. Watching it did make me enjoy the gang being back with the light atmosphere and humor. I guess those who watched S1 misses the gang eventually. Another surprisingly entertaining one is Kaichou wa Maid-sama. It's just an all around fun and humorous series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back