Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Feb 25, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #3,001 of 6,444
True, I'm a little spoiled having grown up in Hawaii and now living in Seattle. ^_^ Even then, I've made the decision a few times to not go and see things because I have an unreasoning aversion to English dubs, and the last few that came through the theaters here were English only. It caused me much sadness.

On a slightly related note, the local anime convention has recently announced two things that actually interest me. One is that the artist Noizi Ito is coming to the convention as a guest and that we are going to have the premier for the new Trigun movie. Before it's released in Japan even. I'm so used to being unenthusiastic about the programming here that I think I'm still in shock.

Feb 25, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #3,003 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, what?

Yes you heard right. This was announced almost a year ago.
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #3,005 of 6,444
I don't know. How did you?
biggrin.gif
It's almost like missing your own birthday. lol

Feb 25, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #3,007 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
New Gundam is out. Reminded me exactly why UC > Rest when it comes to Gundam.

Unicorn is epic. Now we have to wait until next season for the next episode.
frown.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #3,008 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Equus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw 1.01 in the theaters during a film festival, so I'm very curious to see how it stands up to a second viewing with the newer edit. My initial impression from when I saw it at the film festival was that the additions were interesting (and only get more drastic in the next installment, from all accounts) but the condensing of the time frame was going to be a challenge. In particular, I personally thought it made Shinji look even more weak and whiny because there wasn't as much info and time given to his neurosis and thought processes. We'll see how I feel after I get my grubby hands on an HD media version of it. ^_^

1.11 is honestly just 1.0, the additions are incredibly minor; the key difference is between 1.01 and 1.11, the darkness issue is fixed.

Having had an HD copy of 1.11 for what seems like forever (June last year), I can safely say it does indeed look beautiful. Essentially, however, Rebuild is largely just glorified fanservice. I love the notion of a whole host of new plot details/theories/characters, but anyone can see they're just milking the Gainax cash cow once again.

Luckily, I don't care. You can (not) advance was visually and aurally stunning, not to mention how mind bending the direction the plot has taken; I loved it. In the end, it's a wonderful and entertaining adaptation, but as far as I can see it's designed specifically to give fans exactly what they want as opposed to develop the universe in any interesting way; either way I know I'm happy, nobody's taking away the original series from us.

Feb 26, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #3,009 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1.11 is honestly just 1.0, the additions are incredibly minor; the key difference is between 1.01 and 1.11, the darkness issue is fixed.

Having had an HD copy of 1.11 for what seems like forever (June last year), I can safely say it does indeed look beautiful. Essentially, however, Rebuild is largely just glorified fanservice. I love the notion of a whole host of new plot details/theories/characters, but anyone can see they're just milking the Gainax cash cow once again.

Luckily, I don't care. You can (not) advance was visually and aurally stunning, not to mention how mind bending the direction the plot has taken; I loved it. In the end, it's a wonderful and entertaining adaptation, but as far as I can see it's designed specifically to give fans exactly what they want as opposed to develop the universe in any interesting way; either way I know I'm happy, nobody's taking away the original series from us.

I love that they are giving the fans what they want
biggrin.gif
im one of them lol all i wanted was a widescreen/hd/better animated/slightly condensed version of the show to watch, and we even get more new content at the end, which makes me happy. At least then we'll have a best 2 out of 3 on instrumentality

Feb 26, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #3,011 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know. How did you?
biggrin.gif
It's almost like missing your own birthday. lol

LOL. Honestly, I myself heard about it then promptly lost track.
redface.gif

@ sneakster - That's kinda what I figured. The version numbering seems to suggest that, but I wasn't really sure. I really like Eva, so I'm in the camp of "it's all OK." I even bought a set of Asuka and Rei holiday figures back in the day. I just thought it was ridiculous that there was a new set with skimpier attire every year. ^_^

Finally got around to watching the 14th K-On! episode. I didn't like the extra episodes as much, generally speaking, but neither were that bad. It's just that they were self-contained so they were a little less interesting, I think.

Now I just need the latest Bakemonogatari to be subbed. Rawr.

Mar 28, 2010 at 9:36 AM Post #3,015 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unicorn is epic. Now we have to wait until next season for the next episode.
frown.gif

And plus, it sounds great.
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back