Any advise on and extremely tiny stripped screw?
Nov 22, 2008 at 4:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

stumbo

New Head-Fier
I was opening up my AD700s to do a cable swap and repaint the grills and I managed to strip the heads of 2 of the screws
triportsad.gif

I used a perfect sized screwdriver and was SOOOO CAREFUL however I couldn't prevent it, the screws were extremely soft and extremely snug.

So any recommendations for getting them out? I may drill off the heads and hopefully be able to get on some threads with a needle nose pliers.

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #2 of 2

Grey Massacre

500+ Head-Fier
Hey,

I had a few screws break and strip on me. The thing is those screws were on my bicycle, on the disc break rotors which were attached to my VERY expensive wheel set so I really had to be creative and find a solution.

If you have a dremel, you can use a cutting disc to make a cut on the screw head so you can use a flat screw driver. In my case it worked.

Hope this help,

Charles

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumbo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was opening up my AD700s to do a cable swap and repaint the grills and I managed to strip the heads of 2 of the screws
triportsad.gif

I used a perfect sized screwdriver and was SOOOO CAREFUL however I couldn't prevent it, the screws were extremely soft and extremely snug.

So any recommendations for getting them out? I may drill off the heads and hopefully be able to get on some threads with a needle nose pliers.

Users who are viewing this thread