Any 24-bit 96khz samples online?
Aug 29, 2007 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

k00zk0

Head-Fier
I just got a Behringer FCA202 which supports 96khz 24-bit output. I've googled and I cant even find any samples online free to download at this quality. I just want to hear what it sounds like compared to normal music. Does anyone know where to get something at this quality? Preferably a whole song so I can compare.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 29, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 21
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Audio#Sound_quality

Three of the major music labels, Universal Music, EMI and Warner Bros. Records and several smaller audiophile labels (such as AIX Records and DTS Entertainment) have released or are continuing to release albums on DVD-Audio, but the number is minimal compared to standard CDs. New high-definition titles have been released in standard DVD-Video format (which can contain 2-channel Linear PCM audio data ranging from 48 kHz/16-bit to 96 kHz/24-bit), "HDAD", which includes a DVD-Video format recording on one side and DVD-Audio on the other, CD/DVD packages, which can include the album on both CD and DVD-Audio, or DualDisc, which can contain DVD-Audio content on the DVD side. In addition, some titles that were initially released as a standalone DVD-Audio disc, such as The Grateful Dead's American Beauty and R.E.M.'s Automatic for the People, were re-released as a CD/DVD package or as a DualDisc.

Aug 30, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #5 of 21
Go to the Linn Records site if you like (or if you don't like, but can tolerate for the purpose of satisfying your interest) some jazz or classical. You can download individual cuts as 24/96 or 24/88.2 FLAC's and as 16/44.1 wav's for a few bucks apiece with a credit card. Not free, but not expensive, either.....and you have the ability to buy the same cut in different formats, making it easy to compare.

Aug 30, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow DvorakViolinCon_01.flac sounds amazing!

Did you like it enough to spring for all three complete movements??

Aug 31, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #8 of 21
I don't usually listen to classical, but I want to listen to this if not for the fact that it just sounds so good! What are the names of the 3 movements and where can I get them in 24/96?

Aug 31, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't usually listen to classical, but I want to listen to this if not for the fact that it just sounds so good! What are the names of the 3 movements and where can I get them in 24/96?

I believe these are the same free samples that are shown on the link that Audioengr provided. If you click on the left link to hi-rez downloads, there will be two links one to the free samples and the other to the complete works. There are many more complete works available than those selected for a free taste.

If you just want to go to the complete works page click on the top center link for download hi-rez.

Aug 31, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #10 of 21
Please visit Barry Diament's Soundkeeper Recordings website, with two samples from "Dragon Boats", the first track on "Lift".

Per Barry:

The 16/44 version should allow for a good analysis of what upsampling devices commonly used for CD playback do (the pluses as well as the minuses). To allow for the most informed listening, the 24/96 version represents the output of the mic preamp/A-D converter from the original recording sessions.

http://www.soundkeeperrecordings.com/xsamples.htm

Aug 8, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #11 of 21
OK, now this was 3 years ago but I decided to dig it out. Link provided by krmathis still works. I've tried Dvorak on my Azalia sound card, which should be capable of 24/192 output. My concern is noise level. Is the noise really present in the recording or I'm having some decoding issues? Could someone point me 24/96 or 24/192 FLAC sample, which was studio recorded and good mastered?
Yes, I'm extensively checking out capabilities of my current hardware since Sextetts arrived
wink_face.gif

Aug 8, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #13 of 21
Aug 9, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #14 of 21
That helped me out. Thank You!
Interesting that some files are really clean and smooth meanwhile other with the same bitrate and depth are severely distorted.
A lot of recompiling for me
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back