Antique Sound Lab MKIII is on its way to me
Apr 27, 2004 at 4:19 PM Post #17 of 26
Here are some pics. My photo camera is terrible (part of my Digital Video Camera).

ASL_HEADPHONE_SETUP.JPG

You can see the chrome tube cover in this shot. Also, you can see the rest of my setup. (Corda Cross-1, Sony XA7ES, HD580) I really love that XA7ES and it is definitely the best CD player they have ever made, besides the SCD-1. When I feel like spending ANOTHER $3000 on a CD player, I will look into buying one of those.

ASL_MKIII_AMP_BACK.JPG

Here is a good picture of the back. As you can see, two inputs but no output!

ASL_MKIII_PS.JPG

Here is a fairly bad picture of the new power supply. It is definitely as well made as the amplifier itself.

Again, love the sound but wish they would not have changed the functionality.

Apr 27, 2004 at 5:35 PM Post #19 of 26
May be its not TWO pairs of input. It may well be one pair of input and one pair of pass-through (or loop-out) so that you can hook up a single output pair device to your headphone amp AND other audio equipment. I would be careful hookup only one pair until manufacturer can confirm this.

Apr 27, 2004 at 6:22 PM Post #21 of 26
I think I found the problem. AUDIO ADVISOR!

They specifically say " Two front panel headphone jacks are provided along with rear panel outputs."

Product description at AudioAdvisor

Picture of the back from AudioAdvisor

A person from Divergent Technologies recently confirmed that the two pairs of rear RCA jacks are both inputs. As I said earlier, I will just have to be careful that I do not send a signal to both inputs at the same time.

Apr 27, 2004 at 6:27 PM Post #22 of 26
"A person from Divergent Technologies recently confirmed that the two pairs of rear RCA jacks are both inputs. As I said earlier, I will just have to be careful that I do not send a signal to both inputs at the same time."

Because you will get garbled sound or because you can physically damage the amp by doing so?

Apr 27, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #24 of 26
What would happen if you accidently had two sources playing at the same time? (i.e. other than garbled sound, is there any danger of damaging the amp?)

Is the lack of a switch a purist and / or cost cutting measure?

confused.gif

Apr 28, 2004 at 1:32 AM Post #25 of 26
I like the new outboard PSU. Much better than the MKII's PSU in the midst of the cable itself.

I don't like the cage. The type of cage from the DT/OTL/OTL32 is much better.

Apr 28, 2004 at 7:38 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by mshan
What would happen if you accidently had two sources playing at the same time? (i.e. other than garbled sound, is there any danger of damaging the amp?)

Is the lack of a switch a purist and / or cost cutting measure?

confused.gif

I don't think you can harm it. The missing switch is probably to cut cost.

W

Users who are viewing this thread

Back