For sale my Antipodes Katipo interconnect cables, they're in great condition.
Terminated with Eichmann copper bullets
length is 1 meter
Factory direct pricing from Antipodes was: $470.00 US
more feedback of me:
Antipodes Kapito interconnects, manufactured in New Zealand, offer the best combination of musical balance, top to bottom coherence, open natural clarity, and mastery of dynamics from micro to macro of any silver interconnect on the market under $1000 as a result of the following technologies utilized in their development & manufacture:
The Katipo has been optimised using only solid silver wires and the design has been refined to an extraordinary level.
Fundamental to all Antipodes Audio interconnects is the antipodal geometry. This geometry makes Antipodes cables much less system dependent than conventional cables, sounding lively, balanced and natural in almost any situation.
Antipodes Audio cables are neither rebranded mass manufactured cable, nor mass manufactured wire twisted or braided and then terminated. Each Antipodes Audio cable is individually handmade from raw materials.
- Antipodes buy pure gold, platinum, and silver in ingot form and manufacture their own wire using a proprietary SenzaVoce process.
- The wire is then micro-coated in a natural oil and then dried to provide permanent protection against corrosion.
- The wires used in each cable involve multiple gauges in a semi-litz arrangement achieving the best of both worlds of solid core and stranded construction.
- The positive and negative legs are arranged in a proprietary antipodal geometry.
- Insulation is provided by proprietary cotton assemblies - no plastic insulation is used because it smears the signal due to its energy storage. The cotton is woven so that the dominant dielectric is air, achieving the lowest possible dielectric coefficient in a real world cable.
- The cable is finished in a proprietary sleeving, which appears similar to multi-filament nylon, but which we weave from a material with far superior dielectric qualities and mechanical damping qualities.
01-21-10 Audiogon review by Sherod:
"The Katipo interconnects from Antipodes are without a doubt the best value I've ever heard in an interconnect. I have tried many interconnects from the very inexpensive to the ultra-expensive and the entry-level Katipo, will hold its own against most of them. What is also very cool about these interconnects is that their unique construction makes them much less system dependent than most cables. They sound great on just about every component. Take it from a long-time cable junky. These cables are very special."