Answered: how to go through transaction correctly
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2021 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mrdrew

New Head-Fier
Hello folks, I'm new to the forums here. I came across a DAC I really want, with a fair price and have been able to open a Private Message stream with the Original Post'er.

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/denafrips-ares-ii.2293/

• Just wanted to double check that the way you folks buy and sell around here:
  • I see a post in the Classifieds I want
  • I Private Message the poster
  • We settle on a price + shipping
  • I send the full amount to them via Paypal.
  • They send the DAC over.

No further feedback, tracking, or reputation stuff on the forums? Looking over some of the paypal safety stuff, it seems to apply to eBay purchases - and I've rarely sent money via paypal like this.

Thanks! Just looking for some reassurances, and make sure I'm staying in my lane.

drew

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/dkerlee
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/members/mrdrewk.html

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #2 of 4
If you click on a user's name, it should take you to their profile where you can view their buying/selling reputation. You can also add your own feedback there when you are done with the transaction.

Apr 20, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #3 of 4
Since Head-Fi Classifieds is a meeting place for community members to list or search for used gear rather than a marketplace like ebay, Amazon, etc, the experience can vary a bit from sale to sale, but you've described how a number of exchanges have gone in the past. Any tracking will have to be provided by the sender, and that is usually shared via PM once a package has been shipped.

Like kism mentioned, we do have a feedback system in place and you can see someone's feedback by visiting their profile and clicking on the Classifieds feedback tab. (Feel free to use my profile as an example of how feedback is shown.) Once a sale is marked as completed (sold, traded, found, etc) on Head-Fi Classifieds, both parties will be able to leave feedback for the other. Please visit the Head-Fi Classifieds FAQ and Walkthrough for a more in-depth explanation.

We also recommend reviewing the Head-Fi Classifieds Rules & Guidelines and Trading Advisory to help prevent falling victim to some of the more common scams that can happen in person to person sales. (Pro Tip: never use PayPal Gift. Ever.)

Apr 20, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #4 of 4
Thank you very much @kism and @AxelCloris
Coming from so many other buy and sell sites, gotta say this one still has me a bit nervous. I’d love to see some online form or something that would serve as an order history, as part of the site. Even if it was entirely up to the users to enter in their own, unverified data.

But - I appreciate what you have done, the community that is here, and, hopefully, the transaction I’ve initiated. Neither seller (@Awolmartinez) or myself have any reviews one way or the other, but you gotta start somewhere right?

will update for posterity.

hopeful,
Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back