Another "wich one of these IEM is best?"
Jul 14, 2008 at 5:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

issaissa

New Head-Fier
Hi,

This is my first post here and to be honest High quality audio is new to me.

I just purchased a pair of Sennheiser HD555 for home use (and by the way i like them for their price)
I also purchased a Samsung P2 and i want a decent pair of IEM (this is my first time using those
smily_headphones1.gif
so I don't want to spend a lot of money before knowing if I will like them or not) with a limit of 120€ to spend.

After some research (based on your opinions on other threads in this forum and availability in local stores) I've selected these ones :

- Jays D-jays (98€)
- Westone UM1 (118€)
- Shure SE201 (113€)
- Klipsch custom-1 (120€)

I seek (quality apart) confort and noise canceling in this order. So wich one do you think is best for me? as i see things the Shure IEM are my favourites

PS: My music preferences are wide but most time i'm listening to rock(grunge) and electronic music.

Thank you in advance for your answers
wink.gif

Jul 14, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 10
I hear that the q-jays are unparalleled for comfort. Also, they offer great instrument separation. Plus, they are the cheapest! sounds like a winner to me.

Jul 14, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by thatwunguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear that the q-jays are unparalleled for comfort. Also, they offer great instrument separation. Plus, they are the cheapest! sounds like a winner to me.

He has D-Jays listed, not Q-Jays.

Of what you have listed, I've heard the first three, and the UM1s are the best.

Also, 118 Euro is quite a lot for the UM1s, no? They can be found new for $110 here.

Jul 15, 2008 at 8:54 AM Post #4 of 10
Thanks for your replies
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He has D-Jays listed, not Q-Jays.

Of what you have listed, I've heard the first three, and the UM1s are the best.

Also, 118 Euro is quite a lot for the UM1s, no? They can be found new for $110 here.

Sorry monolith
redface.gif
, I made a mistake in the forth IEM i was meaning klipsch Custom-1 : Custom-1 Headphones, Earphones, Noise-Isolating Headphones
and indeed 118 Euro is a lot but it's the cheapest price i had found so far (shipping is not yet included neither)

Jul 15, 2008 at 10:04 AM Post #6 of 10
I'd get the RE2 for $99 shipped (worldwide free shipping).

It's much better than UM1 in pretty much all aspects with the exception of comfort. The RE2 is still pretty dang comfortable though.

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBeanPaste /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try eBay international. Its only about 109US shipped worldwide for the UM1 or SE210

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd get the RE2 for $99 shipped (worldwide free shipping).

It's much better than UM1 in pretty much all aspects with the exception of comfort. The RE2 is still pretty dang comfortable though.

I'm afraid I can't order online
frown.gif
(credit card in my country can't be used for international online shopping nor for creating a paypal account) but thanks for you help anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by issaissa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm afraid I can't order online
frown.gif
(credit card in my country can't be used for international online shopping nor for creating a paypal account) but thanks for you help anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

really? i have never heard any country do that before. protectionism to the extreme, whatever happened to free trade. *sigh* so are those the only ones available in you local shops. still, its better than teh ones over here, in the UK.

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by gautam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
really? i have never heard any country do that before. protectionism to the extreme, whatever happened to free trade. *sigh* so are those the only ones available in you local shops. still, its better than teh ones over here, in the UK.

it's far from protectionism, it's just UnderDevelopment
smily_headphones1.gif
. Our people doesn't seem to like online shopping so banks decided not to offer international online shopping cards.
We have other ones but i'm not sure I will like the "in-Ear" effect so i decided to "take it easy on my wallet
tongue.gif
" for my first buy.

Anyway and as I see in other threads the UM1 are the best but the bundle that comes with make me incomfortable, i think i will go for the shure unless someone tell me it's not worth the price. Is there THAT someone in this forum?
wink.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #10 of 10
I have tried the j-jays that I borrowed from a friend and I have to say that I was definately not impressed. I am far from an audio expert, but I found the bass to be somewhat lacking in quality and the overall SQ to be somewhat tinny and unconvincing. Now im not saying that the d-jays are bad, but i wouldnt trust something from a company that puts out such crappy headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back