Another 'What do I do? Items shipped to me never arrive!' Thread
Oct 31, 2007 at 9:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Zorander

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all,

I purchased some DIY parts from one of the reputable sites often mentioned here. Alas, I have been waiting for more than a month now and nothing has shown up. I am positive they are lost/stolen/etc in transit (quoted delivery time is up to 12 days - obviously this is way past now). I was advised to wait till 45 days have passed and the carrier will open a trace claim.

Should I listen to them and wait till 45 days have passed? I have faith the company has not cheated on me as: 1) they have a reputation to keep up, 2) I have purchased from them previously with highly satisfactory result, and 3) total value is only a little more than $50.

Cheers and TIA!

Oct 31, 2007 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should I listen to them and wait till 45 days have passed? I have faith the company has not cheated on me as: 1) they have a reputation to keep up, 2) I have purchased from them previously with highly satisfactory result, and 3) total value is only a little more than $50.

Yes, follow their advice. Preserve your good relationship with them. It's only a further fortnight.

Sorry to hear it's happened to you, though.
frown.gif

Oct 31, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do what you can. If you fail, suck it up.

That's pretty much good advice for everything in life.
wink.gif

For $50, I would definitely wait and give the company a chance to come thru. Most likely you paid with a CC and if you don't get the parts, you can still dispute the charge with your CC company.

Oct 31, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, hang on for a week or two more. Then do what you can...

Nov 1, 2007 at 9:58 AM Post #8 of 15
I've had a few things stolen from my porch, so I now have things shipped to work or to my parents house, since they are retired and home more during the day.

I hope your item arrives.

Dec 18, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #12 of 15
If shipping local (Australia, in my case), I would have no problem with upgraded shipping since they are just a little over regular shipping. However when it comes to international shipping, the difference is more than significant enough to make you think twice (or thrice), which is the very case here.
frown.gif
Thankfully that shipment was insured and so I was able to lodge the claim.

Dec 19, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #13 of 15
Yeah, international certainly bumps it up. I agree with Ken36 on regular shipping though, I kick it up a notch if it is "really" needed. Glad it worked out in the end for you.

Dec 19, 2007 at 6:39 AM Post #14 of 15
wait 45 days.....if there's no result, tell them you want a reorder. A good company will suck up the loss, especially if it's as minuscule as slightly over $50 to keep a customer....

Dec 20, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wait 45 days.....if there's no result, tell them you want a reorder. A good company will suck up the loss, especially if it's as minuscule as slightly over $50 to keep a customer....

I did wait for the 45 days, lodge the claim and finally receive the replacement order. There's more actually. It looks like they have sent the wrong item on a part of my order. As this concerns whether that item is the cryo-ed cable I ordered (or non-, as the package I received is missing the label that should say it is a cryo-ed product), it is hard to tell. Nonetheless they have offered to re-send me the cryo-ed cable to ease my concern.

That's one heck of a service, esp. since they have to ship internationally!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back