[another thread...] Headphone around $200
Sep 30, 2013 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

m1ku

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I have been reading a lot of threads on the forum before posting one. While some have answered my questions, I still have some unanswer...

I am looking for any headphone that is under $200. Thinking about buying it during Black Friday...

I heard many people suggest the m50, srh840, hd280, etc. I personally saw someone had a m50 and they said it is pretty good. Of course, one opinion is not enough. 

(edit: how about the Focal Spirit one? does it do well on passive noise isolating?)

The music that I listen to are vocaloids (as my name shows it), pop, classics and a few dubsteps. I would like to know which headphone has the clearest sound. the bass is not very important. I also want to know which headphone do a great job in passive noise cancelling because I take the bus to school and most of the time, I'm sitting at the back (engine noise).

Right now, I'm using a UE600 and I'm happy with it, but the wire is breaking (will fix it soon) and I want to have a better headphone. Had a AE2 before and lost it. 

Feel free to suggest any headphones under $250

thanks

- Miku

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #3 of 8
Personally, for me between the three you listed, I would get the Shure SRH840.
I've only listened to the ATH-M50s, of the three.
I'm sure a fair number of Head-Fiers have owned the Senn HD280, but really do not see them recommended.
ATH-M50s are good if you like your music with a thumpy bass in your ears and a rugged headphone.
But I would think the SRH840 would offer better detail (all around sound), more mid range.
I believe some have recommend using the SRH940 pads, with the SRH840s.

Oct 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #5 of 8
At $200, nothing can beat the Ath ws99.  Way better imo than all the cans previously mentioned except maybe the SRH940 (havent heard the SRH940 but I hear  its anemic).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back