Another sub150 forum: x10 vs ba200 vs eph-100
Feb 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

domthebigbomb

New Head-Fier
Hey Head-fi,

Last time I came to these forums to buy sub 150 headphones I ended up with a pair of dj100 (which i am really happy about. Look sexy and sound way better than my bose/beats)
but ive been itching to upgrade from my klispch s4i as my warranty expired. As the title indicates, those are the 3 iems I have been considering, though I welcome any other suggestions.
I am currently just using my iphone 5 with an fiio e11 amp as the source. My main music interest is house and trance (not necessarily dub step, too much head banging) but also a lot of mainstream pop/rap.
Thanks for your time!

Sincerely,
Dominic

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #2 of 32
TDK BA200 outright beats the Yamaha EPH-100 in sound quality. Similar signature, less booming bass on the TDK, much more detail on the TDK (especially in treble and bass), better sound stage. As long as you don't mind the over-ear fit, you can cross the EPH-100 off your list.

I don't have experience with the X10 and I believe its sound signature differs.

Feb 12, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #3 of 32
The BA200 is definitely the best IEM of the bunch, but for the genre's you listed, I don't enjoy them that much with the BA200.  I prefer the EPH-100.  I haven't listened to the X10 either to make any comparison.

Feb 12, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #4 of 32
eph-100s are great with house and trance. They are actually great with every genre. From what I read ba200 lacks bass significantly. You cannot enjoy trance without good bass in my opinion. eph-100 has excellent bass response which does not bleed into mids. Mids are not recessed or forward (maybe slightly forward). Treble is very smooth and non-fatiguing. 

Feb 12, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #6 of 32
Yes... but the bass on the BA200 is huge and really detailed. The EPH-100, for me, was overwhelming and boomy.
Quote:
Couldnt the ba200 be eq'd through the e11/iphone to boost the bass?

Feb 12, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #7 of 32
you can eq every IEM I guess. I personally don't like EQ ing IEMs. That is why you have thousands of IEMs available. IMO choose the IEM with correct sound signature you want in the first place.

Feb 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #8 of 32
Wait if its huge then i wouldnt even need to eq coreect?

Also how does the eph100/ba200 compare to the s4s signature. Im not too well versed in what signatures ther other than theres a bass mid and highs

Feb 12, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #9 of 32
S4 is awful. Harsh highs unlike Yamaha or TDK.
Quote:
Wait if its huge then i wouldnt even need to eq coreect?

Also how does the eph100/ba200 compare to the s4s signature. Im not too well versed in what signatures ther other than theres a bass mid and highs

Feb 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #10 of 32
Hi ive had yamaha eph100 and did not think they sounded great. i found bass good mids a bit recessed and treble a small bit harsh I will be getting klipsch image x10 tomorrow and will tell you what they sound.Keep im mind ive only had monster turbines to compare and eph 100 to you should look into the MT i listen to same music as you and they where good

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #11 of 32
Hi ive had yamaha eph100 and did not think they sounded great. i found bass good mids a bit recessed and treble a small bit harsh I will be getting klipsch image x10 tomorrow and will tell you what they sound.Keep im mind ive only had monster turbines to compare and eph 100 to you should look into the MT i listen to same music as you and they where good

Which MTs do u have? And im considering the x10s atm cause theyre 90 on amazon.

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #12 of 32
I had the regular chrome/black ones and was very happy with them until I lost them i had them over a year and never had any problems ill tell you how they compare to the klipsch x10 when i get them also MT come 3year warranty which is good 

Feb 12, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #13 of 32
Quote:
I had the regular chrome/black ones and was very happy with them until I lost them i had them over a year and never had any problems ill tell you how they compare to the klipsch x10 when i get them also MT come 3year warranty which is good 

I meant which models. From what i recall theres a bunch of Monster Turbines out theres (copper, gold , etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back