Another Shure E4 versus thread
May 25, 2005 at 1:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Barney Rubble

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there guys and gals

I have owned the ER6i's for about 1 year approx and I have loved the detail /separation /clarity /comfort /isolation etc that they have given me. They seem to get better and better with more and more of a burn in and I use them a fair amount about 25 hours a week average.

I listen to mostly electronic music from chill out to heavy fast techno and use them mostly on the go
(ie to and from work and walking around on the weekends)

I have been researching the E4 for a while now but am still unsure whether this will be a worthwhile step up.

Tell me yes or no

Any comparisons between the ER6i's and E4's yet ?

or does anyone have both and will be shelving the ety's due to the new arrival of the Shures.

I have done a search but would like some more info before I push the button on a new pair of canalphones

Your response is greatly appreciated

Cheers

May 25, 2005 at 4:56 PM Post #3 of 11
Thanks for the feedback Jmmmmm

I have just got to convince myself that I need them and can justify the xtra cash
One of the driver casing for the phones has split and the other side seems to cut out alot too

Maybe I will win the lottery

May 25, 2005 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 11
Hi, here's a question I have, as this is the ER4 vs. thread -- I already own the Etymotic ER-4P, which I'm generally happy with (for listening primarily to hard rock).

For those of you that own both -- think I should bother picking up the E4c? If you were on a desert island (and had an iPod with infinite battery life with you....) would you take the E4c or ER4p?

May 25, 2005 at 9:36 PM Post #6 of 11
I have not listened to the E4c yet, however I have listened to the ER4 and the E3. Considering that I prefer the sound of the E3s to that of the ER4, I would definatelly go for the E4c.

May 25, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MRT-Man
Hi, here's a question I have, as this is the ER4 vs. thread -- I already own the Etymotic ER-4P, which I'm generally happy with (for listening primarily to hard rock).

For those of you that own both -- think I should bother picking up the E4c? If you were on a desert island (and had an iPod with infinite battery life with you....) would you take the E4c or ER4p?

I don't own both but I've heard both... E4c hands down for hard rock.

May 25, 2005 at 10:34 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by wildsponge
You just started out your post with, "I have the headphones and I love them... should I get something different?" Does that make sense to you?

wildsponge, you have to understand that this is Head-Fi.......comments like that make perfect sense to those of us who have been here awhile. Stick around long enough, and it will make sense to you, too.
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2005 at 11:33 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MRT-Man

I have both. The ER4P has more detail and a bigger sound stage on the high end. On certain peices the ER4P is much more enjoyable for me than the E4C. However on peices with more bass, the E4C has a fuller sound.

If you're 'generally happy' with the ER4P stick with it. I and a lot of us around here are always looking for something better. I was happy with the ER4P but couldn't resist trying something new. It sounds like you may have the same curiosity...

May 25, 2005 at 11:57 PM Post #10 of 11
I heard both ety ER6i and shure E4. It's clear the E4s are superior to ER6i. Actually I bought both of them at the same time. I'm not sure how much the E4C and E4 are going for nowdays. When I bought them they were only $100 apart from each other. To me $100 more is well spent upgrade for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back