Another "recommend me some headphone's" thread
Oct 11, 2011 at 12:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

supbrowawawa

Head-Fier
So i've had my JVC RX-700 cans for awhile now and love them, but I think it is time for an upgrade. The only problem i really had with them, is that they don't really have enough bass for my likings. So, I purchased some Ultrasone's HFI-580 which are currently in the mail.

Now I know a lot of you are like "wth, you don't even have your 580's yet and you want to get another set of cans already?" Well, yeah. Lol. I just won some money, and what better way to spend it than to buy more headphones =D

So my ultrasones will be my "basshead cans" but now I'm looking into some open ear cans for a more natural sound. Everyone seems to recommend the Audio Technica ATH-AD700, but to be honest, the main thing that is holding me back from purchasing these cans, is that they're beyond ugly. Lol. I know I'll probably get flamed for that, but who says you can't look good while listening to some jamz =D

So yeah I'm looking for something with great sound stage, open ears, and all that other good stuff. As for budget, I would like to keep it around $125, more or less is you think it is worth it.

Oct 11, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #4 of 11
Sennheiser HD-558, like ATH-AD700s, but with more bass.
Also just a little over what your budget is.

Oct 11, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #6 of 11
I dont know much about the 558's but the HD555's have a nice soundstage. You can also mod them to the 595's. 

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #9 of 11
These would be the better looking better sounding versions of the AD700. The Panasonic HT890..And half price of them as well. Try them out and throw the rest of your cash on a E11 for extra bass for your HFI-580..

Oct 19, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
Bump.

Should I just get some AD-700's and call it a day?

I still kind of want something with decent bass though.

I think if you ask on the Panasonic HTF600 thread you might be able to get a good used one.. You can always ask. The Ad700 is very bass shy though. The sound signature is like this.40%highs 35% mids and 25%lows.  With a wide stage. The Panasonic HTF890 are more neutral than the Ad700 better balance as they have a better bass.. But if you want a AD700 there are many guys on the thread that have been chatting about selling off their Ad700s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back