Another reccomendation thread, <200$ & isolating
Jun 2, 2009 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

KONAKONA

Banned
Well I've been enjoying my recent purchases, but I wanted to take a look into the closed headphones as well. Right now the only closed cans I have are my Q40s, which frankly don't sound very good at all compared to my AD700s and MS1s, due to it's 'if it aint bass it's recessed' problem. I'll find somthing do do with them, but for now it's on to other things.

I'm looking for a pair of closed cans with good isolation. My Q40s didn't have very good isolation at all, and I don't quite see the point of closed headphones that don't isolate (That's what open headphones are for.
biggrin.gif
) I listen to a lot of stuff, but I would say that I can deal with recessed bass (AD700s) better than I can recessed mids/highs (Q40s). Possibly something a bit light on the bass, but it better have nice mids and highs. I find my AD700s incredibly bright, and my MS1s neutral, and those are the best comparison points I have right now for anything new. Price is as stated 200$, and as usual it can be stretched just a tad if necessary. It will probably be run from my portable amp/dac (see sig).

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head are the HD 25s, and I am a tid worried about comfort. They are on-ear and supposedly have a good bit of clamp to them. I'm OK with the comfort on my MS1s but my portapros tended to cause problems after a few hours. Around ear would be nice but I can't think of anything else at the moment.

That's about it, don't think I left out anything important.

Jun 2, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #2 of 9
DT770.
wink.gif
Actually, i know you hate them.
biggrin.gif

You could also chuck a listen to the ultrasone proline 550. It wotn need an amp, and itll punch some heat.
I cant comment on the isolation because I always listen very quietly on ultrasones because the bass hits too hard for my liking.

Jun 2, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 9
Oooh almost forgot about those. Need more impressions though.
frown.gif

If the 840 had round cups I'd probably have found 200$ for a preorder by now.

Have they set a release date yet?

Jun 3, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the GMP 8.35 D monitor, for best isolation and sounds.

And where exactly am I supposed to buy one of these in the states?

Jun 4, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #9 of 9
Forgot I was planning on saving up on some KH-K1000s.... meh.

Looks like I'm gonna be looking into Shure 840 vs ESW9/10 vs KH-K1000 as soon as those blasted shures get released.

My wallet is already screaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back