Another one...IEM less than 30
Jan 12, 2009 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

zhe90

New Head-Fier
My AL iM716 has finally crapped out on me. Now around looking for some cheaper IEMs. Looking to go with my sansa fuze. Listen to all types of music.

three choices so far:
senn cx300
jbuds
marshmallow (i don't prefer foam)

Soundwise, I love the detail and crispness of the iM716, but needed a little more bass (had a rockboxed iriver h320 so no problem there). Does anything come kinda similar?

Jan 12, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #2 of 7
In my experience, the Jbuds lack the bass all my other IEMs have (I am going to sell mine). I have read positive things about the other two, with the cx300 being better, but the JVC being cheaper.

Jan 12, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #4 of 7
if u want less than 30, replace the marshmallow with the air cushions. the cx300 have a J shaped cord. that means the right ear bud is longer than the left one. that is because the way its designed is so that the right cable would loop around ur neck so it looks like theres only 1 cable hanging down from the left ear. im not sure if u would like this because i for sure would think its ticklish to have a cable tickling my neck.

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #5 of 7
just wondering, since you obviously know this topic has been covered many times before by the way you have titled your thread, why didnt you just use the search feature instead of clogging up the system with another identical which IEM for XXX$$$

Jan 12, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #6 of 7
@ KGB
I also use ep-630s right now (came with dell xps), but I find the highs and mids to be lacking and the bass to be much too bloated. I guess I'm looking for more of an analytic sound. Do most under-30s sound like the ep-630?

@qusp
Things phase in and out. It's hard to tell with older threads.

So I think I've narrowed it down to jbuds, air cushion, or pl-30s. Once again, I'm looking for nice analytical, detailed, not bass bloated sound. Clear mids and highs, and bass with a pop. I'm a college student and I will use these walking around campus and maybe the gym once and a while. The less microphonics, the better.

Jan 12, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by zhe90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ KGB
I also use ep-630s right now (came with dell xps), but I find the highs and mids to be lacking and the bass to be much too bloated. I guess I'm looking for more of an analytic sound. Do most under-30s sound like the ep-630?

@qusp
Things phase in and out. It's hard to tell with older threads.

So I think I've narrowed it down to jbuds, air cushion, or pl-30s. Once again, I'm looking for nice analytical, detailed, not bass bloated sound. Clear mids and highs, and bass with a pop. I'm a college student and I will use these walking around campus and maybe the gym once and a while. The less microphonics, the better.

Yeah, what qusp said.....and if you find nice analytical, detailed not bass bloated sound for under 30 bucks PLEASE let us all in on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back