Another Noob needs advice and Lots of Help.
Nov 12, 2008 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Flybud

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,
Well First post. So let me tell you what is going on. Im just another dude that wants some great sound for ~$150. Same story different day.

I have been doing a lot of looking around and trying to do my own research and it has really gotten me no place at all but to this website.

I need help choosing some headphones and I don't know a damn thing about anything that has anything to do with audio.

Ok, so what I am looking for. MUSIC! I would have it hooked into my ipod, computer (music and movies), and the TV. I am going to be wearing these around all the time every place I go. So size can not be HUGE but I don't mind having big speakers on my head.

Bass is HUGE for me, something strong smooth and silky sounding.
biggrin.gif

And for the other mids and other tones. Nothing overpowering, you all know what I am going for now.

I like to listen to mellow music, some rap, techno, artist like Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Earth Wind and Fire, Death Cap, Johnny Cash, Pink Floyd, Phish. This is just a VERY short list of my likes.

Thank you for any help You can give. I look forward to your reply's.

P.S. Just a side note that should be a given I want to fill like my body is surrounded by sound.
atsmile.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #2 of 5
I'm still learning myself, but I can't believe that an IPod would have enough power to give good bass, or if it did prove good power for bass, the battery charge would not last long.
Sennheiser 201s might work well with your IPod and go for about $25.

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 5
ATH-A700s. They have a relatively low impedance, go for around $150, and sound great over many many types of music.

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ATH-A700s. They have a relatively low impedance, go for around $150, and sound great over many many types of music.

My ATH-AD500s have good sound, so the A700s should be even better.

Nov 12, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tacoboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My ATH-AD500s have good sound, so the A700s should be even better.

remember that the AD700s are not the same as the A700s. The A (no D) 700s are closed, whereas the AD are open. Not sure that this is the case with the 500s, but OP, if you are considering any audiotechnicas, make sure that you pay attention to small details in the model number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back