Another MP3 Player Recomendation
Jul 9, 2008 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

NoseBagUK

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I came across this site a few times while searching for information on MP3 players, however I wasn't able to get an answer to my question, thought this would be a good place to ask.

I'm in the market for a MP3 player, The only definite requirement that I have is that you can add tracks to a play list on the fly, what I mean by this is that... I can browse tracks and just add them to the now playing play list.

This seems like a very basic function and I find it hard to believe every player doesn't have it as standard.

My friend just got a Sony NWZ A818 and he cant do this. Unless we are missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Jul 9, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #3 of 8
I know that my Zen Vision: M can do it. You can even set the shortcut button to be the add button, which makes it very simple to make playlists.

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by elmer_42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know that my Zen Vision: M can do it. You can even set the shortcut button to be the add button, which makes it very simple to make playlists.

Im leaning towards this one, im only put off by the fact that you have to have drivers installed to be able to charge via usb.

Jul 9, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #6 of 8
Technically you can make playlists on the fly with an iPod, but there is a 1,000 track limit, which can be annoying at times!

rolleyes.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #7 of 8
On-the-fly playlists aren't 1 of the features of the now sony players w/o sonic stage. That was omitted.

Jul 9, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoseBagUK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im leaning towards this one, im only put off by the fact that you have to have drivers installed to be able to charge via usb.

Really? I usually charge through the wall adapter, so it's not a problem. Besides, there aren't really any drivers any more, you just have to have WMP10 or greater.

I just checked on my Ubuntu partition, and the ZV:M was able to charge and even recognized that it was docked. I don't really think I have any drivers for it, but I have previously transferred music to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back