Another Help me find new "techno" Artists thread
Dec 28, 2004 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Hunterboy55

100+ Head-Fier
Well I would like to find more techno artists to listen too. I've rummaged through the threads here at head-fi and i've looked at that flash directory of techno. I think the type of techno that I listen to seems to be mainstream techno(I have no clue about how to catagorize sub-genres in techno). I guess I'll just give a short list of people i've listened to, Paul Okenfold, DJ Tiesto, Dj Mystic, Paul Van Dyk, Darude, Daft Punk, Alice Deejay.
Thanks for any recomendations.

Dec 28, 2004 at 2:23 AM Post #2 of 8
Voodoo and Serano, BT, and Sasha.

if you wanna hear something thats very unique, try DJ Danger Mouse. he mixes Jay-Z's lyrics with The Beetles beats.

Dec 29, 2004 at 6:45 AM Post #3 of 8
My list(always growing): ATB, Antiloop, Alice DJ, Aphex Twin, Bt, Chemical Brothers, Chicane, Clint Mansell(Pi and Requiem for a Dream OST's), Crystal Method, Darude, Hybrid, LTJ Bukem, Miguel Migs, Moby, Oakenfold, Orbital, Paul Van Dyk, Postal Service, Propellerheads, Robert Miles, Tiesto, Underworld.

Sorry if they're all not exactly what you want, but i also started out looking for what you are and came across these and liked them.

Jun 2, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #5 of 8
Underworld++
Crystal Method++

I'm not sure that the following would all be classified as "Techno", I have a hard time classifying some of these, but based on the ones you already mentioned, I think you'll enjoy some of these:

Timo Maas (Loud is a good album)
Thievery Corporation
Kruder & Dorfmeister
Carl Craig
DJ Shadow (Endtroducing... is a must)
Massive Attack
Meat Beat Manifesto (not my fave, but a lot of people like them)

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #6 of 8
Royksopp. might be worth looking into.

Jun 3, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #7 of 8
Glenn Morrison. Discovered him recently, but he's probably been around. Some personal favorites are: "Wasted All this Time" & his remix of Lustral's Every time / BT's "Always".

Solarstone. I'm a long time fan. They have a new mix out called "Electronic Architecture 2" worth checking out.  Their earlier album "RSemix" is pretty nice, too.

Robert Babicz. Most of his mixes on soundcloud are good and his songs "Remote Kiss" & "The Sun" stand out the most to me.  Those were the singles that became a gateway for me to the rest of his discography.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back