Another Grado Bowl Pad Comfort Mod
Nov 23, 2009 at 2:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Joelby

1000+ Head-Fier
If you're like me and enjoy your Grados/Alessandros with bowl pads, I have a new mod that is cheap and easy. The mod came about when I purchased some PX200 pads for my KSC75. The original pads are what I've used to mod the bowl for superior comfort.

Simply stretch the KSC75 pads over the lip and put the bowls back on. It will take a little bit of fidgeting to get the KSC75 pads to stay on properly.

The added comfort is fantastic with a set of good broken in bowls. Sound alteration is minimal to my ears. I guess you could say they are like hybrid bowl-comfy pads. Maybe I'll call this the bowlfy mod!
o2smile.gif

Alternately, you could use a pair of PX100 pads.

Happy listening Grado fans!

Dec 21, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #3 of 4
Here's some pics, as requested:

The PX-100 style pads on the Grado:
4203821051_7227529ab8_o.jpg

The Bowls over top:
4203821355_1fba2d9317_o.jpg

I'm now using some pads I bought at The Source by Circuit City today. They're slightly bigger then the KSC75 pads, making them easier to put on and stay in place.

I've also removed the stock white fibrous screens on the inside of the cups. Used a hobby knife. They aren't needed with the foam pads on, so why not eliminate some material between the drivers and my ears.

Sorry for the semi-blurry pics. I snapped them off quickly on auto.

Dec 21, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 4
What I used to do is cut some a small circle of foam and slide it under the pads. Place the little piece of foam on the right place and your ear won't touch the driver.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back