Another Foobar question...
Mar 2, 2006 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Chri5peed

Headphoneus Supremus
Foobar is quite a complicated program. If your computer went down for some reason, losing Foobar in your personal setup would be nasty.

Is there anyway to save its settings somewhere? I know you could easily save the components folder elsewhere...
580smile.gif

screen56.jpg

Another thing. As you can see Foobar isn't recognising this albums tags, and therefore its not in my albumlist.
frown.gif

Any ideas?

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 8
I'm thinking you could back up the config file. Can anyone confirm or disprove that this would work?

Mar 2, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Minimum
I'm thinking you could back up the config file. Can anyone confirm or disprove that this would work?

Is that just the cfg file, its 31K in mine.

Actually would it work if you copied the whole program file and the installler. Then if needed you'd use the installer to put a new Foobar in and change its new program folder for the saved one?

Also how do you change the font and colour of whats playing in Columns UI?

edit - Fixed the tagging problem, don't exactly know what I did! Thats the thing, you make so many subtle changes, you'd not remember how and what you'd done.

Mar 2, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 8
the reason it doesnt show up because foobar cant read the TAG format of the music. which happen to mem too, and i tried to change it many different ways, even with foobar, didnt even work. its goofy. thats my guess, so you have mess around with it.

as for saving config, i dont know about the normal configs, but for column ui, you can go tothe last tab of it, which is Other, and click on export, to export a fcs file.

also ditto for listening to devin townsend, he's one of the greatest artist ever lived.

Mar 2, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
also ditto for listening to devin townsend, he's one of the greatest artist ever lived.

Oh yes, he certainly is. You'd find Strapping Young Lad a bit further down on that albumlist.
580smile.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #6 of 8
Forget about just saving the cfg file b/c it's not enough. Trust me; I learned it the hard way.

Go to programs->Foobar2K and just copy the entire Foobar2K folder somewhere else (not in the program folder).

When something goes wrong with foobar, just drag the Foobar2K backup folder (the entire folder) into the "Program" folder and click "Yes to replace all."

Mar 3, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L
Forget about just saving the cfg file b/c it's not enough. Trust me; I learned it the hard way.

Go to programs->Foobar2K and just copy the entire Foobar2K folder somewhere else (not in the program folder).

When something goes wrong with foobar, just drag the Foobar2K backup folder (the entire folder) into the "Program" folder and click "Yes to replace all."

Good to know! I just took your advice.
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 12:03 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L

Sweet, thats the ticket!
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back