Another "Deadbeat Head-Fier" Thread
Jul 10, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #31 of 34
Before anyone worries unduly, my last post was - somewhat - in jest
smily_headphones1.gif
. I just hate it when good people get screwed over. Especially when the favour wasn't for profit... where they should have ended up even at best, yet end up being out of pocket. It's just wrong...

Anyway, I'm 28, 6'2", reasonably fit(often cycle over 100 miles per week during the summer), and weigh 280 pounds or so...
wink.gif

~Phewl.

Jul 10, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do elaborate.

That would be Wally of WallyTools fame. He makes incredible turntable setup equipment. The only problem is that he'll take your money and disappear off the radar. No returned calls, no returned emails, months and months of waiting for the product. When people get fed up and start the process of getting their money back (through PayPal or their credit card, etc), he'll sometimes miraculously pop up and mail the product within a few days. But others have wound up, a year later, with no product and money that had to be pried out of Wally's hands.

It's a shame, because his stuff is gold. So good that he often gets away with screwing his customers.

Jul 10, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I read an expression once that seems apt:

If you loan money to a friend and you never see him or the money again - it was worth it.....

(Does anyone have the source for this saying or quote?)

As the Administrator replied, I don't know if this is Al Capone's, however, speaking from experience alone, this expression is ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back