Another "Deadbeat Head-Fier" Thread
Jul 8, 2008 at 4:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

user18

500+ Head-Fier
[rant]

A little over a month ago, I helped a fellow DIY HFer with some out-of-stock parts. I gave him a good deal and even let him after he receives the item. (Yes, yes... I know, stupid idea. But I was shipping it regular mail w/o tracking and it was $15.) Needless to say he hasn't paid me yet, but that's not why I'm mad. I could care less if he ever pays; I mean $15 isn't going to break the bank. What gets me mad is that he doesn't respond to any PMs. I had put aside some spares in case it got lost and was waiting for a response from him before giving them to someone else. Several weeks w/o a response and he's logged in recently. Now, I know not everyone has PM notification enabled, but that's a poor excuse. I do think that he received the item, because otherwise he'd be asking for the other set. I figure I'll give him another couple of days before leaving feedback.

[/rant]

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #2 of 34
Another good head-fier screwed... kinda sad that people would take advantage of such a giving community.

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #4 of 34
lol

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #5 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe he died?

Nah, he logged in today and sometime last week.

Jul 8, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is he a n00b?

He's been here for quite some time; a lot longer than I have been here. He has no feedback though, although that may soon change.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #10 of 34
Hmmm......certainly not a nice fish to swim in our waters.

Jul 8, 2008 at 6:57 AM Post #13 of 34
We do not need people like that on this forum. Hope the person has a good reason.

Jul 8, 2008 at 8:34 AM Post #14 of 34
Take it up with a mod and see if you can sort it out before openly naming the culprit. If you can't sort it out - name him and leave honest FB.

I read an expression once that seems apt:

If you loan money to a friend and you never see him or the money again - it was worth it.....

(Does anyone have the source for this saying or quote?)

Jul 8, 2008 at 9:14 AM Post #15 of 34
Another one of those not-so-friendly Head-Fi'ers it seem.
frown.gif

Its a shame that people don't follow up as agreed, and instead try to scam as best as they are able to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back