Another Bass Headphone thread...
Sep 5, 2011 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

NewCents05

New Head-Fier
So let me start off by saying, please excuse my lack of searching for the correct thread/headphone. I tried that in the past and im back to square one... I came here ages ago to find my first purchase of a set of bass headphones which led me to the HD212 Pros. I loved them, they had plenty of bass (whether you may think its overpowering or bloated, dont really care because it was exactly the amount I was looking for) but due to its plasticy build, it broke nearly a year into use... So I came back on here to find my next set which everyone proclaimed to be the god almighty beyerdynamic dt770s. IMO they were not nearly as powerful as the HD212 Pros unamplified and even amplified unless I had the eq set to sub 100hz to max and everything else to min and tried to blow the speakers out. So unsatisfied, I sold those, I believe on here actually, I forget :\ So I tried to go mainstream with all my friends giving me this hoopla about OMG DRE BEATS ARE AMAZING talk, picked up the studios and returned them the next day... Last time im taking any advice from them. I picked up a set of in ear beats as well because I liked the noodle cord. Literally the only reason I got them and they ended up breaking so I threw them away and kept the 15000 ear pieces they gave me to put onto the VModa Vibes at radioshack, which have kept me content in my bass craving for the time being. anyway im back on the market for mind numbing head shaking headphones and Im wondering whats would be my best bet for something satisfying knowing that the hd212s did the job? I also just ordered the athad700 from amazon for 90 bucks to see what they are like but I need my bass fix :frowning2: help me out...

Sep 5, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 13
WALL OF TEXT

please give me this:
Price Range
Genres
Can preference (bass of course) Comfort, design, looks (not likely)
Sources

I have no idea where people came up what Beyer had a lot of bass. Pretty much they are neutral. They are balanced headphones, so the bass and highs are leveled with the mids.

EDIT: AD700 are probably the polar opposite that you want. Dead and lifeless bass that you don't notice. Good soundstage and highs. Best for classical on a budget. But there almost is no bass, even less than what Grado have.

Sep 5, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #3 of 13
Priced from low to high: Fischer FA-011 > Ultrasone HFI-580 > Audio Technica PRO700 MK2.

Those are my suggestions for headphones,

For IEMs, you want the JVC FX500s. Best quality and quantity of bass I've heard from a headphone or IEM yet.

Sep 5, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #4 of 13

Quote:
Priced from low to high: Fischer FA-011 > Ultrasone HFI-580 > Audio Technica PRO700 MK2.

=.= hm... I really need to hear this FA-011 but I don't want to spend money...

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #5 of 13

Quote:
WALL OF TEXT

please give me this:
Price Range
Genres
Can preference (bass of course) Comfort, design, looks (not likely)
Sources

I have no idea where people came up what Beyer had a lot of bass. Pretty much they are neutral. They are balanced headphones, so the bass and highs are leveled with the mids.

EDIT: AD700 are probably the polar opposite that you want. Dead and lifeless bass that you don't notice. Good soundstage and highs. Best for classical on a budget. But there almost is no bass, even less than what Grado have.

Price range- sub 300
Genres- music with bass sometimes, also like rock music and classical but I want a set for head pounding bass
sources-laptop or ipod (will be willing to buy some headphone amplifier like ibasso if the headphones are worth it)

thanks for the feedback on the ad700, I wanted to check them out anyway and I may use them for certain songs.

Quote:

For IEMs, you want the JVC FX500s. Best quality and quantity of bass I've heard from a headphone or IEM yet.

Where can you buy the fischers? Of those three, which would you say has the most bass and is there a headphone bassier? If there were a feasible option to put two 8s in a box with a strap attached to my head, I would do it so thats the level of bass I am looking for.

Also have you heard the vmoda vibes, if so can you compare to the fx500s? they produce a good amount of bass for 20 dollar headphones, but im always looking to upgrade to quality headphones.

Sep 5, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #6 of 13
So for the fischers, I sent out a couple emails on their website to their dealers but they seem shady and kinda thinking I wont get a response

the ultrasones I found for 127 at b&h and was the easiest of those 3 to find lol but it seems more well rounded than bass heavy, looks like a killer headphone though, may need to look at some reviews
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/547239-REG/Ultrasone_HFI_580_HFI_580_Closed_Back_Stereo_Headphones.html

the pro700 mk2 looks to be the ones I need from the review I read. But theyre hard to find to buy.. amazon wants 170 for them
http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-PRO700-Professional-Headphones/dp/B0046JS1IE

I think beach camera is reliable? but its 140 here
http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ATATHPRO700MK2

but only 100 at this site which looks like would deplete my bank account and send me knock off headphones that would take 3 months to clear customs...
http://www.eeepcssd.com/product_info.php?products_id=503

Any other places to get these headphones?

Sep 5, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #7 of 13
I doubt the HFI-580 will satisfy your bass requirement. They do have a quite a bit, but it's tight bass that isn't overpowering, or "mind numbing" as you put it.

Sep 5, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #8 of 13
The way I see it only the pro900 is going to satisfy your craving seeing how all you want is something with enough bass slam to beat your skull in. If you look long enough you will find them for roughly $300.

Sep 5, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
I doubt the HFI-580 will satisfy your bass requirement. They do have a quite a bit, but it's tight bass that isn't overpowering, or "mind numbing" as you put it.

You have a J3. Mach3bass at 10, bass up, and BBE 10 still not enough?
confused_face%281%29.gif

Sep 6, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #10 of 13
Check out the Sony XB700 headphones. As long as your amp works well with low impedance headphones they should easily impress.

Sep 6, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
So let me start off by saying, please excuse my lack of searching for the correct thread/headphone. I tried that in the past and im back to square one... I came here ages ago to find my first purchase of a set of bass headphones which led me to the HD212 Pros. I loved them, they had plenty of bass (whether you may think its overpowering or bloated, dont really care because it was exactly the amount I was looking for) but due to its plasticy build, it broke nearly a year into use... So I came back on here to find my next set which everyone proclaimed to be the god almighty beyerdynamic dt770s. IMO they were not nearly as powerful as the HD212 Pros unamplified and even amplified unless I had the eq set to sub 100hz to max and everything else to min and tried to blow the speakers out. So unsatisfied, I sold those, I believe on here actually, I forget :\ So I tried to go mainstream with all my friends giving me this hoopla about OMG DRE BEATS ARE AMAZING talk, picked up the studios and returned them the next day... Last time im taking any advice from them. I picked up a set of in ear beats as well because I liked the noodle cord. Literally the only reason I got them and they ended up breaking so I threw them away and kept the 15000 ear pieces they gave me to put onto the VModa Vibes at radioshack, which have kept me content in my bass craving for the time being. anyway im back on the market for mind numbing head shaking headphones and Im wondering whats would be my best bet for something satisfying knowing that the hd212s did the job? I also just ordered the athad700 from amazon for 90 bucks to see what they are like but I need my bass fix :frowning2: help me out...

Heya,

AD700's don't do bass, at all. They're not even neutral bass. They do little bass. Not even adequate bass. Very unsatisfying headphone, if you want even a hint of oumph in the low end of the spectrum. Cancel your order, or be ready to return those stinkers.

The XB500 is the headphone you probably will want. It's not even expensive at $50 new. They're a crazy bass headphone, yet are actually good at more than just bass. They sound recessed in the mids/highs initially. But if you equalize the mids and highs just a few dB, they seriously liven up and become a really good musical sounding headphone with crazy bass.

If the XB500's look or comfort or anything about it, is not enough, the HFI 580 is the next headphone to explore, in these price ranges.

Very best,

Sep 6, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
You have a J3. Mach3bass at 10, bass up, and BBE 10 still not enough?
confused_face%281%29.gif

It's enough bass for me, I was talking about it as a recommendation to the OP, who as far as I know doesn't own a J3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back