Another 1964-Q Review...
Mar 11, 2011 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kenniepark

New Head-Fier
Is needed because I can't find a good comparison. Anyone own these? Does anyone know how they compare to competing Custom IEM's in the same price bracket [IE Westone ES2, JHPro 5, JHPro 7, UE 5, Fidelity Quads, etc]? I know ericp10 did a short write up but does anyone else have any opinions? Maybe I haven't searched deep enough on head-fi.org... if that's the case, can someone link me?

Mar 11, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #2 of 6

Quote:
Is needed because I can't find a good comparison. Anyone own these? Does anyone know how they compare to competing Custom IEM's in the same price bracket [IE Westone ES2, JHPro 5, JHPro 7, UE 5, Fidelity Quads, etc]? I know ericp10 did a short write up but does anyone else have any opinions? Maybe I haven't searched deep enough on head-fi.org... if that's the case, can someone link me?

Hello kenniepark. I've been busy so my apologies for not answering your inbox inquiry right away. I think you are going to have a typical task - at the moment - finding anyone who owns the quad and other customs to compare it to. Unfortunately (and fortunately) the 1964-Q is the only custom I own at present. I will purchase some other customs down the road, but money won't allow that right now. So, I have nothing else to compare it to other than the universals I have heard. My thoughts about the quad and the universals still stand - no universal I've heard really comes close to the sound of the 1964-Q.

Now, the only person I know of who owns the quad and other customs is jermng, but I haven't seen him on head-fi in some time. You might want to inbox him and ask him his impressions (he owns the quad and the ES5 I believe, and maybe one other custom). Sorry I can't be of more help to you at the moment. Happy listening.
beerchug.gif

Mar 11, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
Hello kenniepark. I've been busy so my apologies for not answering your inbox inquiry right away. I think you are going to have a typical task - at the moment - finding anyone who owns the quad and other customs to compare it to. Unfortunately (and fortunately) the 1964-Q is the only custom I own at present. I will purchase some other customs down the road, but money won't allow that right now. So, I have nothing else to compare it to other than the universals I have heard. My thoughts about the quad and the universals still stand - no universal I've heard really comes close to the sound of the 1964-Q.

Now, the only person I know of who owns the quad and other customs is jermng, but I haven't seen him on head-fi in some time. You might want to inbox him and ask him his impressions (he owns the quad and the ES5 I believe, and maybe one other custom). Sorry I can't be of more help to you at the moment. Happy listening.
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the reply, your review was helpful. I guess I just wanted a comparison cause they're so cheap for quads compared to some other companies. My guess is, it's because 1964 isn't as established as Westone/UE and if that's the case, I might go ahead and get a pair of these.

Mar 11, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #4 of 6
I would venture to think the company being so young is a solid reason for their lower prices, but I've also been reading on the main thread that their prices are beginning to go up as business seems to have increased significantly for them. So only thing I can speak on are mine: nice finished product (but nothing to compare it to) and the sound is off the chain to my ears (again, only comparing to universals, albeit many of my universals are/were top tier IEMs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back