Annual NHL Play-off thread.
Apr 24, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #91 of 218
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Linden's my hero!
icon10.gif

Apr 24, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #92 of 218
feeding%20time%20canucks.jpg

Apr 24, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #93 of 218
Tough loss for Dallas.
Turco gets 3 shut outs and they're going home.

Apr 24, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #94 of 218
Yeah, got to give them props too. They give the Canucks a run for their money. Such a nail biter of a series.

Now they get to square off against Anaheim..Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Apr 24, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #96 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, got to give them props too. They give the Canucks a run for their money. Such a nail biter of a series.

Now they get to square off against Anaheim..Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

The only reason they were given a run was because they couldn't put Dallas away. They did it eventually. Props to the nucks.

Now they get a team on a roll. Should be interesting but the Ducks have more scoring.

Detroit did good with Calgary but come on. They get their nemesis with the Sharks. I think the Wings have a very good mix this year.

Ducks-Wings final

Buffalo is strong. Too much for NY.

Jersey should be able to get by Ottawa but I believe this is a pick em.

Sabres-Devils final

Apr 24, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #97 of 218
BABY!!!!!!! NUCKRZ WIN!!!!!!!!

I missed the entire game, but did listen to the final 10mins of the game on radio (if that makes sense). I do feel much better now. no rest now as gm 1 starts on Wednesday. Bobby Lu and the gang should be ready!! Man, we seriously need Cookie back!

I'ma gonna do predictions for the east and the other series in the west only as it's kinda biased in Vancity.

East Semi-Finals
Ottawa over New Jersey 4-2
Buffalo over NY Rangers 4-1

West Semi-Final
Detroit over San Jose 4-2

GO NUCKRZ GO!

Apr 26, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #98 of 218
Nice to get back into the swing of things after all the trash talk coming out of NYC...Love making them eat their words. I know only the first game, but dang...we looked good. Jagr, Avery? Non factors except for coughing up penalties and skating round the outside...Plonkers the lot of them.
Ducks/Canucks coming up...Life is good...

Apr 26, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #99 of 218
AAAAAAHHHH!

Crazy game so far, for Nucks vs Ducks.

2-1 Ducks... cmon Nucks go!!!

EDIT: OH NO 3-1 DUCKS AIIIIEEEE!

Apr 26, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #100 of 218
Canucks do not look good tonight. I had hope when they scored early and first...but now that they're down by two, I just don't think they'll pull back into this one. Hopefully they make me eat my words...

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #101 of 218
Slaughtered... 5-1 Ducks.

Augh. Hopefully Game 2 does better...

Apr 26, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #102 of 218
definitely a game where the Nucks needed to get their feet wet, but now time to get serious; Anaheim is a much tougher team than Dallas was (and Dallas was quite tough to begin with).

Salo and Bieksa gotta play gm 2 for any chance to win. That, and the Sedins and Naslund need to seriously step up.

Apr 26, 2007 at 10:49 AM Post #103 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Canucks do not look good tonight. I had hope when they scored early and first...but now that they're down by two, I just don't think they'll pull back into this one. Hopefully they make me eat my words...

I managed to get through the first period last night...They started off brightly, showing no ill effects from the long battle with Dallas, but then boy! did the ice tilt toward Luongo or what...heard the score this morning and it's about what I'd expected...Better luck in game 2.

Apr 26, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #105 of 218
Oh my god! Ottawa leading the Devils 4-0 already in the first period... Its not a game, its an outright slaughter! Poor Brodeur... I think they're gonna have to pull him, just to get their morale back up. Let's just hope the Senators don't get too confident...
frown.gif

Ah... See? 4-1 now. Over-confident...
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back