Announcing the Audeze LCD-GX, the First Audiophile Gaming Headphone
Dec 9, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #286 of 435
Hello,

Yes I will keep the Mobius for now. To be frank, I thought about selling them. They are closed-back headphones and although they are fun I prefer to game on open-back headphones like the LCD-GX because I play a lot of competitive games like Apex Legends, Rainbow Six Siege, PUBG, Overwatch etc...
I also found the LCD-GX to be a bit more comfortable and the mic is way better. I dont like the mic on the Mobius as I need to put it very close to my mouth and end up breathing in it (which can be heard by my team mates) and I cannot control the side tone volume level. Having said that, the Mobius are fun sound wise and I would use them when I play solo campaigns like the new COD: Modern Warfare or when I feel like not hearing anything around me and listening to bassy songs.
The LCD-GX sound clearer, more natural and locating my enemies' position is easier.
So yes, there is room for both in my opinion and if you can afford it.

That was my impression as well fun.... The USB cable connection kinda killed it for me, not to mention the bass. it was incredible and bombastic but after 1/2 hour of modern warfare my ears were shot. Still on the fence if I'm keeping the LCD-GX or loosing my shirt and selling them, I have a pair of Diana V2 on order for a demo... I love and hate this hobby !

Dec 10, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #287 of 435
That was my impression as well fun.... The USB cable connection kinda killed it for me, not to mention the bass. it was incredible and bombastic but after 1/2 hour of modern warfare my ears were shot. Still on the fence if I'm keeping the LCD-GX or loosing my shirt and selling them, I have a pair of Diana V2 on order for a demo... I love and hate this hobby !
Yes indeed, closed back bassy headphones are more tiring for the ears and not the best for gaming long hours. Nice for the Diana V2!! Wish I could try those.

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #288 of 435
The USB cable connection kinda killed it for me, ...

I realize that we're a bit off the topic of the LCD-GX but your comment regarding the Mobius and it's USB cable hits home hard. The usb port on my headphones seems to be a bit large, causing the included USB-C cable (and a couple others I tested) to all have problems with disconnecting during use. I ended up using a rubber band to hold it in (which worked well enough that i forgot about it, but does mean that I can't easily switch to Wireless mode if I wanted to.) :/

Dec 15, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #289 of 435
I'm hoping to go and demo the LCD-GX shortly, but hoping to read a few more reviews/impressions. The mixed feedback (excuse the pun) in regards to the mic pickup worries me as I would ideally like to use across console and pc. I currently use the HD700 with a modmic which I am pretty happy with. I don't plan on getting rid of the HD700's but just thought it would be good to a different option - plus the LCD-GX looks gorgeous in my opinion!

Jan 16, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #296 of 435
Hello everyone,

So I finally received my headset and I got to try it over the weekend. Result: I love them!

First, let me clear something out. I did NOT have the problem with the mic that someone mentioned. There is no sound leakage at all from the headset to the mic. The mic itself is very good; not the best but pretty good.
I paired my LCD-GX with the Seinnheiser GSX 1000 dac/amp. They sound fantastic and not tiring at all. They are not bassy but the bass is present and very detailed. Listening to any song/music is a real pleasure.
In game performance is excellent as well, positional cues are transcribed perfectly. As someone else also said, I noticed that I tend to hear footsteps slightly earlier compared to my other cans. I used to game mostly with the Seinnheiser GSP 500.
I found the headset to be very comfortable; I was afraid that they would be too heavy but I wore them for 10 hours straight without getting much fatigue.
All in all, I am very satisfied with the purchase and glad that I did not encounter they other issues that people mentioned. If you are looking for value for money this is not it though. This is really for audiophiles who want the best from a headset whether it is for gaming or music. I will continue to use them over the next few weeks and give you my feedback but so far they are just great.

Just to give you a bit about my background: I own 13 headsets/headphones but the LCD-GX is the most expensive pair I have ever gotten:
I own the following: Audio Technical AD 700 and ATH ADG1x
Seinnheiser GSP 500, GSP 670 (wireless) and PC37X
Beyerdynamic DT 880
Steel Series Artic Pro with a Dac and the wireless version as well. Steelseries Siberia.
Sony MDR MA 900
Audeze Mobius
V Moda Crossfade M 100
AKG K712 Pro
Bose Noise canceling Quiet Comfort 35

Finally found someone on the internet that can compare my headset with this one :)

How much better is this over the GSP 500's? Can you detail the differences please? Sound & comfort if possible.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #297 of 435
Does anyone here know a good review that compares this to a LCD-2F.
I'm considering either one, because I find gaming and music equally important in my life.
I'm curious if either one is a do-it-all heaphone and in what way they excel to eachother

Jan 20, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #298 of 435
Finally found someone on the internet that can compare my headset with this one :)

How much better is this over the GSP 500's? Can you detail the differences please? Sound & comfort if possible.

Hello,

Well the GSP 500 is to me a great headset and definitely the best value for the money. I really love them (i used them for about 1 year) and I find them comfortable, clear and with a good build quality.
The LCD-GX are a bit heavier, to me it is not a problem but some people complained about it. I prefer wearing the LCD-GX as I love the big pads and the construction is even better.
The Mic is definitely better on the GSP 500; the LCD-GX mic is OK but for the price that you pay that's a bit of a bummer.
Regarding the sound, what I love about the GSP 500 is that they sound very clear. The LCD-GX are have slightly more bass and are overall more fun. I find myself more immersed in my games and music when using the LCD-GX than the GSP 500.
Personally, I tried going back to the GSP 500 after purchasing my LCD-GX and it was very difficult as I could notice all the same imperfections in the sound that I could not hear before; the GSP 500 sounded flat and lacked emotions. I am not good with words at describing sound and this is only my personal experience. I understand that some people may disagree.
So overall, the GSP 500 are great value for the price and will do well in music and gaming. If you want a premium sound and you dont mind paying a premium price knowing that the mic is not as good, then the LCD-GX is an excellent choice. For me price was not a problem and I am very satisfied with the purchase of the LCD-GX, but if price is a factor for you, then upgrading to a headset that cost 3 times as much as the GSP 500 does not make sense.
Hope this helps.
Let me know your thoughts.

Jan 20, 2020 at 5:34 AM Post #299 of 435
Hello,

Well the GSP 500 is to me a great headset and definitely the best value for the money. I really love them (i used them for about 1 year) and I find them comfortable, clear and with a good build quality.
The LCD-GX are a bit heavier, to me it is not a problem but some people complained about it. I prefer wearing the LCD-GX as I love the big pads and the construction is even better.
The Mic is definitely better on the GSP 500; the LCD-GX mic is OK but for the price that you pay that's a bit of a bummer.
Regarding the sound, what I love about the GSP 500 is that they sound very clear. The LCD-GX are have slightly more bass and are overall more fun. I find myself more immersed in my games and music when using the LCD-GX than the GSP 500.
Personally, I tried going back to the GSP 500 after purchasing my LCD-GX and it was very difficult as I could notice all the same imperfections in the sound that I could not hear before; the GSP 500 sounded flat and lacked emotions. I am not good with words at describing sound and this is only my personal experience. I understand that some people may disagree.
So overall, the GSP 500 are great value for the price and will do well in music and gaming. If you want a premium sound and you dont mind paying a premium price knowing that the mic is not as good, then the LCD-GX is an excellent choice. For me price was not a problem and I am very satisfied with the purchase of the LCD-GX, but if price is a factor for you, then upgrading to a headset that cost 3 times as much as the GSP 500 does not make sense.
Hope this helps.
Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks for the detailed response :)

That's a shame about the quality of the mic. Sennhesier do make some of the best gaming headset mics but I would expect an £850 headset aimed at gamers to have an exceptional microphone. Price is definitely a factor in my case. If I purchase this headset then I will most likely not be able to afford a new graphics card later this year alongside an ultrawide monitor. I'm still tempted to buy it and trial it though :ksc75smile:

How deep are the cups compared to the GSP 500? Can you hear sounds in game using the LCD-GX that you didn't with the GSP 500? What games do you play? Are you using a soundcard to power the LCD-GX? Sorry for all the questions XD

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #300 of 435
Thanks for the detailed response :)

That's a shame about the quality of the mic. Sennhesier do make some of the best gaming headset mics but I would expect an £850 headset aimed at gamers to have an exceptional microphone. Price is definitely a factor in my case. If I purchase this headset then I will most likely not be able to afford a new graphics card later this year alongside an ultrawide monitor. I'm still tempted to buy it and trial it though :ksc75smile:

How deep are the cups compared to the GSP 500? Can you hear sounds in game using the LCD-GX that you didn't with the GSP 500? What games do you play? Are you using a soundcard to power the LCD-GX? Sorry for all the questions XD
No worries at all.
I use the Sennheiser GSX 1000 to power my headsets.
I play mostly PUBG, Escape from Tarkov, Battlefield 5, Apex Legends and Rainbow Six Siege.
I think I may be able to hear footsteps slightly earlier with the LCD-GX but I need to do more testing to confirm that. But overall, the GSP 500 give you more clarity to hear footsteps in the middle of a fight with a lot of action happening around you.
Again, I would need to do more testing as they are pretty close to each other. Is the price worth the upgrade? Certainly not.
I will take a picture of the earcups next to each other when I back at home so that you can compare for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back