Announcing the Audeze LCD-GX, the First Audiophile Gaming Headphone
Aug 19, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #181 of 435
Aug 19, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #182 of 435
While the GSX1000 is solid, it doesn't leave much headroom in terms of power. I would steer people away from that one for planars, even efficient ones. For sensitive dynamics, sure.

The reason the GSX1000 is irreplaceable for me with closed back gaming headphones is because of the Sidetone Level feature that allows you to select the level at which you can hear your own voice when speaking into the mic. Without it, when the game noise is intense, you cannot hear yourself and then it becomes impossible to speak for me.

I guess with the LCD-GX being open you can always hear yourself?

Not sure how many people can spend say 800 euro or dollars on an open gaming headphone. You would have to be sure you are alone whenever gaming. Yes, separate room, but say you feel like playing at 11 pm and your gf wants to sleep... even a closed door won't mask those sounds.

Aug 19, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #183 of 435
They said early August. But I suspect mid to late August. They have had delays it appears.

Now it's late August and no sign of the headphones on the site. It says "SOLD OUT" apparently.

Aug 19, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #184 of 435
GSX is pretty gutless when it comes to driving headphones, to be fair I hate the thing regardless...

Unless you are deaf... Open backs leak noise, but no so much that people in other rooms will be disturbed. You more likely to annoy someone with a mechanical keyboard.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #185 of 435
Has anyone actual tested / heard these? I can't seem to find anything on them.

Aug 22, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #189 of 435

Thanks for posting, but wow, these are two very low quality reviews. Not to mention that they are questionable in their complete positivity. Not one negative brought up.

Disappointed with the Major HiFi review. Besides having to read "sense of" "articulated" and "subtle" roughly 50 times, he did not go through the trouble to provide an actual weight (how hard is it to have a scale as a reviewer?) and only spoke about what they sound like with music, not in a single game (i.e. is it too much bass for games, etc.).

The weight is the big one. I understand that he has a paragraph, but I can say the same thing about my MX4, exactly the same. It weighs less than all other LCDs, feels comfortable... guess what, it weighs 550 grams. Is the GX 540, 500, 450? Big difference for longer gaming sessions.

The second review is like a video copy of the first. Same words, same lack of info on weight, in game experience, and same overuse of subtle, articulate.

And to end my criticism of these two "reviews" - if these sound rich, warm and thick -- how does that affect the gaming experience? Does the "articulation" save them?

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #190 of 435
Thanks for posting, but wow, these are two very low quality reviews. Not to mention that they are questionable in their complete positivity. Not one negative brought up.

Disappointed with the Major HiFi review. Besides having to read "sense of" "articulated" and "subtle" roughly 50 times, he did not go through the trouble to provide an actual weight (how hard is it to have a scale as a reviewer?) and only spoke about what they sound like with music, not in a single game (i.e. is it too much bass for games, etc.).

The weight is the big one. I understand that he has a paragraph, but I can say the same thing about my MX4, exactly the same. It weighs less than all other LCDs, feels comfortable... guess what, it weighs 550 grams. Is the GX 540, 500, 450? Big difference for longer gaming sessions.

The second review is like a video copy of the first. Same words, same lack of info on weight, in game experience, and same overuse of subtle, articulate.

And to end my criticism of these two "reviews" - if these sound rich, warm and thick -- how does that affect the gaming experience? Does the "articulation" save them?

I completely agree. Extremely low quality reviews. But it's all we have at the moment. That's why I want to see what Mad Lust Envy says about the set.

Aug 22, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #191 of 435
yeah, it's all about Mad Love Envy now.

I wish I had a GX to compare to the Ananda I currently have here at home.

Aug 22, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #192 of 435

yah, it may have something to do with Major Hifi being ran by a 15 year old now. Not sure when it happened but, there is a 15 year old kid doing those reviews now. It used to be different people but, over the last several months its just that kid. Not sure if his rich parents bought it for him, or it was his family business or what but.. I am not all the excited about a review from a child.

Aug 22, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #193 of 435
yah, it may have something to do with Major Hifi being ran by a 15 year old now. Not sure when it happened but, there is a 15 year old kid doing those reviews now. It used to be different people but, over the last several months its just that kid. Not sure if his rich parents bought it for him, or it was his family business or what but.. I am not all the excited about a review from a child.

I actually think it's a 20 something girl that transgendered into a 15 year old boy actually. But yeah I get your point it's only him/her doing the reviews now and it seems like term mumbo jumbo, if it was more informed with better description of the various ranges in the audio I think it would improve the reviews. I mean it's not really really bad, I just think that it would be better to talk about the frequencies more. Because all the descriptive mumbo jumbo can get really confusing with multiple meanings depending on perception.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #194 of 435
I actually think it's a 20 something girl that transgendered into a 15 year old boy actually. But yeah I get your point it's only him/her doing the reviews now and it seems like term mumbo jumbo, if it was more informed with better description of the various ranges in the audio I think it would improve the reviews. I mean it's not really really bad, I just think that it would be better to talk about the frequencies more. Because all the descriptive mumbo jumbo can get really confusing with multiple meanings depending on perception.

whoe - i had no idea.

Aug 22, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #195 of 435
That is exactly why I avoid talking about music and using lingo that doesn't hammer the point home. I tend to repeat myself in my reviews, but really it's to get the point across about certain things. X headphone has REALLY FRONT, FULL BODY, THICK VOCAL MIDS. I think people will understand that more than "In track 07 at 3:52 in, the syllables gave an aura of harmonic convergence, sublime with the beauty of ethereal wisp-like dulcecity."

No one can understand wth all that means. Just get to the point already. :hand_splayed:

My reviews may be more simple and straightforward, but I feel that it's best to be that way. Especially as a gamer who doesn't need to delve so far into audiofool terms that mean nothing to most of us.

On topic, my review should be up in less than two hours.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back