Announcing the Audeze LCD-GX, the First Audiophile Gaming Headphone
Jul 4, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #151 of 435
I'm curious, why would you want the mic to need phantom power? It would be the right thing to do for audeze to add a dynamic back to these as a condenser like you are talking about would we way to sensitive and have sound leaking in from the open-backed headphones. It better be a dynamic, and those don't take 48v power.

Bad experience? I have tried many mic's Each has their strong points and weaknesses, including what they are. And I have run into a problem that really pisses me off to be fair. Any given headset mic is pretty poor in quality and compressed, one of the better ones I have encountered is on Game one headset, it's passable for the most part. To be expected. But I also tried modmic, it is basiclly the same as any headset mic 3.5mm, small, attaches to your headset. Sounds good? Not really, it is so unnecessarily sensitive to everything, because to get a clean sound you must live in a sterile environment and MUST have an external sound card that actually has 3.5mm jack for a mic, in order for you mic to not pick up random interferences. The thing is, it can sound sooo good, but I have to jump trough hoops to get it to do that, at which point it might as well just be well, I mentioned P48, but you know just phantom powered. My mistake on that one. I just don't trust any of these headset mics, and the higher the quality, the more different problems.

Jul 8, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #152 of 435
We are slightly delayed in production. So we have postponed the drawing and are waiting for the units to be ready.

Is this still coming out in 8 days like it says on headphones.com or has it been pushed back? I am just wondering. I am pretty excited to purchase these and I am just wondering if it is still going to be in July or if it got pushed into next month if you can share those details.

Jul 25, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #158 of 435
Any word if this is still coming out in July or August is more a realistic date for release? and any info on the weight of the headphone?

Aug 1, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #160 of 435
The weight would always be the biggest problem for gaming headphones. People would spend hours on a game and nobody would like to hurt their necks.

Aug 4, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #163 of 435
According to Audeze support, it weighs 460g (without the mic).
A few pages back in this thread they mentioned 420g. "the lightest Audeze LCD to date"

Consistency of information by the company?

EDIT: "by the company"

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #165 of 435
Oh, I never noticed that. They just told me 460g last week.
That's fair mate, what is not fair is the company's inconsistency on the information provided. Actually they were never clear about their product weights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back