Announcing the Audeze LCD-GX, the First Audiophile Gaming Headphone
May 11, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #46 of 435
If the G stands obviously for gaming, what does the MX stand for ? What does the Z stand for ? I’m seriously asking.

Time will tell if this multi market (or if there even IS a market for 800 gaming headphones) works or not. I’m betting not.

They do look cool but as an audiophile I’d never want a pair not dedicated to music. And most gamers I know would balk at anything over 300 for headphones.

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #47 of 435
If the G stands obviously for gaming, what does the MX stand for ? What does the Z stand for ? I’m seriously asking.

LCD-MX4: "can be driven easily by a laptop, mixing console or audio interface."

LCD-4z: "We have taken the award-winning design of our top-of-the-line LCD-4 and engineered it with a special 15 ohm voice-coil making it significantly easier to drive than the original LCD-4. This model does not replace the original 200 ohm LCD-4, but offers a perfect solution for users seeking more head room.
Wikipedia: "Impedance is a complex number, with the same units as resistance, for which the SI unit is the ohm (Ω). Its symbol is usually Z"

May 11, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #49 of 435

Audeze LCD-GX
The world's first Audiophile Gaming Headphone

Audeze is excited to announce the LCD-GX, the world's first audiophile gaming headphones. After pushing the envelope on gaming audio with its award-winning Mobius headphones, the new LCD-GX advances the industry further by combining the finest in sound quality with clear voice chat for the serious audiophile gamer.

Audeze's Reference Planar Magnetic Sound Quality

Based on the rave-reviewed LCD series, the LCD-GX combines Audeze’s patented Fluxor™ magnets and ultra-thin Uniforce™ diaphragms to deliver astonishing sound quality and immersion. Our advanced LCD Planar Magnetic drivers are at least twice the size of those found in other gaming headphones, providing better bass, superior soundstage, and outstanding resolution suitable not just for gaming, but for monitoring, mixing, and editing audio. Designed for the serious gamer, the LCD-GX is strictly analog – no digital processing – just for the real purist who wants the best possible sound.

Estimated Availability July 2019

Go to our website and enter your email and telephone number when prompted to be entered to win 1 of 5 FREE LCD-GX headphones. Results will be announced by email on July 1st; limit one entry per person.

These sound fascinating! And I went to your site to register, but wasn't asked for a phone number at any point of the registration process.
Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT:
For anyone else entering the comp' who might also be wondering where to submit there phone number; Andrew at Audeze very kindly got back to a request I submitted, to reassure me that all they ask for during the submission process is an email.
Presumably Audeze will only request the phone numbers of those lucky enough to win the cans.

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #52 of 435
I'm gonna play devils advocate and say I personally I don't much see the point in a product like this, especially at this price point. Isn't the point of having a built in mic typically a cost saving measure and a convenience thing? It makes sense in a 50-150 dollar or so headphone, but at $900, you could buy a really really nice headphone of your choosing and use something like a mod mic. Or heck, at this price an xlr mic with a preamp. And if cables aren't your thing antlion makes a wireless mod mic. Most gamers would probably never buy something so high end, and most audiophiles that can afford this probably already have a setup.

So, I mean the Mobius did incredibly well, and I think the folks at Audeze know what they're doing; I'm sure the GX will do well too. But man am I ever in the dark on this one O.O Maybe it's just me? They sure look incredible anyway.

I agree with this, I'm not sure I understand or see the point of this headphone. I love Audeze, I have the Mobius, and I'm also picking up an LCD2c later this year.

For me I don't see what niche these things really fill. They look great and probably sound great...but I don't know a single gamer that is going to go out and spend $900 USD on a headphone. The average gamer is going to have no interest in these in my opinion. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong...but I just don't see the demographic, especially after Audeze was pushing the Mobius as the ultimate gaming headphone.

May 12, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #53 of 435
If it's not gonna have Mobius tracker and a mic, it'd pretty much just an LCD.

It's probably just an attempt at branding one of their LCD model so it'd have a "gamer" Tag on it for those people looking for the bes... Er... The most expensive in Google.

May 12, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #54 of 435
Looks are great, only problem is gamers do not spend that much on headphones, you could get a great pair of headphones and an good external mic for that sum. ATH-M50x, Massdrop HD6XX is where gamers at.

May 12, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #55 of 435
Probably not going to be buying this as I have 2C, however I am curious as to how it compares to it. a FR comparison would be interesting to see or impressions of someone. Also yeah, if that mic isn't Powered with P48, meh. I would rather have wireless open back, with a charging dock.

May 12, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #57 of 435
I don't consider myself a gamer though I do play games. I'll definitely be grabbing these upon release. I'll power them from a JDS Labs Element.

I won't use the mic as I have a desktop unit.

Last edited:
May 12, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #59 of 435
The LCD-GX are indeed the lightest in the LCD series at about 420g.
So these would also appeal to non-gamers who are looking for the Audeze sound but in a lighter headphone structure?

May 12, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #60 of 435
So these would also appeal to non-gamers who are looking for the Audeze sound but in a lighter headphone structure?
Yes that is true. They are light and are very efficient, the low impedance design would provide more voltage headroom, i.e one would not have to crank up the gain on an amp too much if one is look for loudness. But loudness is not everything, GX was designed to scale with Amps and DACs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back