Announcing the Audeze LCD-GX, the First Audiophile Gaming Headphone
May 10, 2019 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 435
LCD-GX Banner.png

Audeze LCD-GX
The world's first Audiophile Gaming Headphone

Audeze is excited to announce the LCD-GX, the world's first audiophile gaming headphones. After pushing the envelope on gaming audio with its award-winning Mobius headphones, the new LCD-GX advances the industry further by combining the finest in sound quality with clear voice chat for the serious audiophile gamer.

LCD-GX Tech.jpg

Audeze's Reference Planar Magnetic Sound Quality

Based on the rave-reviewed LCD series, the LCD-GX combines Audeze’s patented Fluxor™ magnets and ultra-thin Uniforce™ diaphragms to deliver astonishing sound quality and immersion. Our advanced LCD Planar Magnetic drivers are at least twice the size of those found in other gaming headphones, providing better bass, superior soundstage, and outstanding resolution suitable not just for gaming, but for monitoring, mixing, and editing audio. Designed for the serious gamer, the LCD-GX is strictly analog – no digital processing – just for the real purist who wants the best possible sound.

Estimated Availability July 2019

Go to our website and enter your email and telephone number when prompted to be entered to win 1 of 5 FREE LCD-GX headphones. Results will be announced by email on July 1st; limit one entry per person.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
May 10, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 435
So....how much is this thing going to weigh?

If it's around the same weight as MX4, it won't be too much

MX4 was quite comfy imo

May 10, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #4 of 435
Very interesting...

May 10, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #7 of 435
I doubt it, but will the mic accept 48v phantom power? I use a DT-797-PV-250 exactly for this reason, uses a high quality condenser mic that accepts 48v phantom for exceptional voice quality.
Any "PiP" powered mics (consumer 3.5mm audio input) would be a let down in an "audiophile" headset.

May 10, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #8 of 435
My review of the GX will be coming in the near future, guys.

The tonal balance is sweeeet. I tend to forget just how awesome a nice forward presentation is. The GX reminded me immediately.

As for weight, definitely not a heavy as the LCD2 of old. It's not anorexic, but it's definitely in the realm of comfortable. The headband is probably a 10/10 in comfort for me, and it REALLY helps in making the weight feel like a non-issue.

anhbvn.jpg

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #9 of 435
"Audiophile" gaming headphone?? LMAO!

Or is it an "audiophile" headphone that can be used for gaming?

May 10, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #10 of 435
"Audiophile" gaming headphone?? LMAO!

Or is it an "audiophile" headphone that can be used for gaming?
Definitely the latter. Gotta remember that adding gaming in front of something immediately sells more to a specific demographic. It's absolutely essential to add gaming in front of products. A known fact. Audeze knows what they're doing. Hahaha

May 10, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #11 of 435
Even though I own the Mobius I really am itching to get my hands on this lovely device for my critical listening and gaming sessions. :D

May 10, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #12 of 435
for how much? maybe $5,000?

Probably $1,600 USD. I'm curious to see if this is based off of the MX4

EDIT: it says $899, no I'm really curious what the drivers are based off of

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #14 of 435
Probably $1,600 USD. I'm curious to see if this is based off of the MX4

EDIT: it says $899, no I'm really curious what the drivers are based off of

My lame man's explanation based on website:

Gx only has single sided magnetic array instead of dual magnetic array higher end LCD's (like mx4). Save's cost of bunch of magnets.

Other similarities to mx4 would be voice coil for low impedance and high sensitivity (since single sided arrays are usually less sensitive).

Also they both have magnesium body unlike LCD-X and LCD-2C

this may be lightest lcd yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back