Announcing the Audeze LCD-GX, the First Audiophile Gaming Headphone
Apr 16, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #317 of 435
They're different. Different =/= better or worse. The LCD2 is a more lush, forward, warmer headphone. The GX is more dry and detail focused. Do you prefer musical or more analytical? There's your answer. Both are fantastic.

Apr 22, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #318 of 435
Bought these last week. So far I am a happy boy
3F8CNMk.jpg

I just wished that consoles had better Dac/Amp

Apr 22, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #319 of 435
Bought these last week. So far I am a happy boy
3F8CNMk.jpg

I just wished that consoles had better Dac/Amp
I use an ifi Micro iDSD with the optical output of my PS4. If you need a microphone input, Schiit Audio recently released the Hel:

https://www.schiit.com/products/hel

Their product page even features your new Audeze headset :wink:.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2020 at 12:23 AM Post #321 of 435
I don't think that the schiit hel work on Xbox.. what do you think of the ifi micro idsd?
Does the Xbox not have any usb ports?

As for the micro iDSD, I love it. Lots of power, plenty of inputs/outputs. Many refer to it as an "audio swiss army knife" because it pretty much does everything.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #322 of 435
Does the Xbox not have any usb ports?

As for the micro iDSD, I love it. Lots of power, plenty of inputs/outputs. Many refer to it as an "audio swiss army knife" because it pretty much does everything.
It has USB ports but the chat communication will not work i think.. I'm gonna buy one to tested.

May 15, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #323 of 435
I finally pulled the trigger and got a pair of LCD-GX. I recently sold my Mobius as I was not a fan of the closed back design coming from my Sennheiser 6xx, and I also found the Mobius pretty fatiguing.

Pairing these with an RME ADI-2 DAC and wow! These are a cut above anything I’ve previously owned and them some. Highs are detailed but not harsh or fatiguing, bass is rich, liquid smooth, detailed and just luxurious to listen to. Not a ton of sub bass, but it’s there and it’ll hit you with the right genres.

Very happy with these headphones for listening to music, and am a big fan of the LCD sound. I am curious what would be a worthy LCD upgrade for these? I may move on in a year.

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #326 of 435
Thanks. Skip the 3 then? I was wondering if LCD-2C would be better for me than the GX if I’m listening to music and not really gaming with them.

I have been looking into the LCD-4 and MX-4 for some time now.
You might find these 4 reviews helpful.
It made me decide not to upgrade my GX to an MX-4 for gaming as it might be a step backwards and to opt for the LCD-4 instead of the MX-4 for music.
Still have to buy the 4 though.

May 15, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #327 of 435
I have been looking into the LCD-4 and MX-4 for some time now.
You might find these 4 reviews helpful.
It made me decide not to upgrade my GX to an MX-4 for gaming as it might be a step backwards and to opt for the LCD-4 instead of the MX-4 for music.
Still have to buy the 4 though.

Crikey. If I go for the LCD-4 then I don't know if my RME ADI-2 would cut it. I was planning on adding a THX 789 for the balanced out at some point, but even that combo is a little lacklustre for the LCD-4 possibly right?

I was pondering whether Audeze might plan on releasing an LCD-3 Classic after the resounding success of the 2 Classics.

Thanks for the vids. I saw the Max Settings one before and will check out the other two!

May 15, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #328 of 435
Crikey. If I go for the LCD-4 then I don't know if my RME ADI-2 would cut it. I was planning on adding a THX 789 for the balanced out at some point, but even that combo is a little lacklustre for the LCD-4 possibly right?

I was pondering whether Audeze might plan on releasing an LCD-3 Classic after the resounding success of the 2 Classics.

Thanks for the vids. I saw the Max Settings one before and will check out the other two!

The RME won't cut it, the THX from the specs wouldn't be enough either if you ask me.
A Jotunheim or Mjolnir would both do fine balanced. I have the Jot myself, quite some power.
And if you want to go crazy a Ragnarok ...

May 15, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #329 of 435
I owned the MX-4 for 12 months plus and it pairs very nicely with the RME. It is also light and comfortable. It has a neutral but still exciting sound.

I sold because I believe the large 1.5 Tesla magnets used by Audeze could be harmful if used as a daily headphone.

May 15, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #330 of 435
The RME won't cut it, the THX from the specs wouldn't be enough either if you ask me.
A Jotunheim or Mjolnir would both do fine balanced. I have the Jot myself, quite some power.
And if you want to go crazy a Ragnarok ...
I owned the MX-4 for 12 months plus and it pairs very nicely with the RME. It is also light and comfortable. It has a neutral but still exciting sound.

I sold because I believe the large 1.5 Tesla magnets used by Audeze could be harmful if used as a daily headphone.

Harmful? Does this apply to all Audeze headphones or just some?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back