Annie Lenox's, "BARE" CD
Jun 13, 2003 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

RickG

Electrostatic Elvis
I've been a huge fan of Annie ever since I first heard Sweet Dreams back in the 80's. I've got all of the Eurythmic's stuff and Annie's Diva and Medusa .

Well, I just received her new limited edition Bare, and man I'm stoned in love again. Annie has again pulled out all the stops and created a truly touching album. Even as she ages, she is so dynamic and vital. The lyrics are so personal and the melodies so remarkable...the sonics are incredible. IMO, this is a true reference CD.

Just wanted you to know this is an exceptionable disc. The LE disc package contains two disc...the second containing two bonus videos plus an interview.

Killer stuff.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 14, 2003 at 8:48 AM Post #3 of 9
Hmmm... My girlfriend is a big fan of hers... I'll have to check out the album when she gets it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jun 14, 2003 at 9:11 AM Post #4 of 9
nice thread!!!

another annie fan here. thanks for the heads up. been waiting for bare. i've read someone remarked that every annie fan who loved medusa must have this. what are the similarities or differences that you can find, rick?

Jun 20, 2003 at 4:41 AM Post #5 of 9
I got her latest album on whim not knowing too much about her discography or artistic vision. In a word, WOW! She lays it all on the table. No holding back. Everything is out there. She is soooo..."BARE!" I've just listened to this entire album back to back THREE times already! I'm definitely shopping for more of her older albums. I can't recommend it enough if you already like her music or if you want an introduction.

I got the limited edition CD/DVD package as well (for a pretty decent price here in NE NJ). I haven't had the time to take a look & see at the DVD as I've been working like a dog at my new job. Maybe this Sunday?

Jun 20, 2003 at 6:31 AM Post #6 of 9
Yeah, I really like it as well. If your happy with this one, you might want to check out her other two...Diva and Medusa. She has an awsome voice...extremely talented. I'm glad she gave us something more to listen to
tongue.gif

Jun 21, 2003 at 3:45 PM Post #8 of 9
A great album. Rick used the word "touching" and I think that is appropriate. Even the liner notes are special.

I'd recommend this CD to anyone.

Jun 28, 2003 at 3:58 PM Post #9 of 9
I haven't thought about Annie Lennox for awhile, but last night at the end of the flick "Changing Lanes, as the credits rolled, they play Annie's cover of Bob Marley's "Waiting in Vain" from Medusa. She actually pulls it off and I had to give her props. I have Medusa and Diva and will pick up Bare based upon these reviews. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back