1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Anew U1 Impressions Thread

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
  1. IryxBRO
    From my experience with lots of currently sold IEMs - most of them having elevated upper mids to bring more emotional and engaging sound. Some have more evident effect and some are not. It seems that I am not very sensitive cause I don't want to change anything in the sound of U1. But I would for some other IEMs... I've tried to take a graph but my mic is having more influence than it should - most of the IEMs show the same graph with it. So, I have to think of buying some special microphone with specified FR to subtract it from the IEMs grap.

2. Grev
    The Anew u1 is quite the V, especially ABing with the it01, i got the Shure se846 recently too and it definitely make the u1 sound recessed, while having more sub bass.

I will try and AB the u1 with my Xelento and xba-z5 to see how they compare, and from memory the Xelento and Z5 aren’t that recessed.

3. dude30003
    hi all, is Anew U1 still a good buy? is that issue with recessed mids isolated? I am also considering iBasso IT01, but it seems to be plagued with quality issues (mmcx connectors). thanks!

4. IryxBRO
    Yes, still good to buy. There is black verison at PenonAudio as well. Good IEMs despite some people are complaining about upper mids. I don't hear the problem in this section...

dude30003 likes this.
  5. cqtek
    PacoBdn and IryxBRO like this.
  6. IryxBRO
    cqtek likes this.
  7. cqtek
    Thanks.
    Honestly, I've been pleasantly surprised. I didn't think they were at that level. The only one but, for my taste, is his V-profile, I like more presence of voices. But I love his bass.

8. Ahmad313
    How you look U1 against Oxygen specially in vocals and soundstage (weidt/depth/height) comparison ,?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  9. IryxBRO
    Oxygen IEMs are resolving more details, bass has better separation and boundaries, mids are more gentle and linear. Treble sound quite similar. Depth and weight of vocals is more rich. And the stage is larger.

Ahmad313 likes this.
  10. Ahmad313
    Nice , hmmm so the Oxygen deserve the asking price (almost double the price of U1)

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5