Andy Regan Appointed President of Jerry Harvey Audio!
Jul 25, 2014 at 12:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14
I've known Andy Regan for years, he having been in the audio industry since before I had any involvement in it. Several months ago, when he called me to tell me he was thinking about joining Jerry Audio, I told him I hoped he would, thinking he and JH would be a great fit. And it was a great fit.

In the months since, Andy has really done a lot to rein in the chaos that comes with the hyper-growth at JH Audio, and there's still a lot more to do. If you read the release below, you'll see why his background and experience fit in so well at the rock 'n' roll outfit that so many here are fans of in JH Audio.

Congratulations to Andy, and congratulations to Jerry Harvey Audio!

(Press release below.)

UPDATE: Andy Regan responded, which you can read by clicking here.

Andy Regan Appointed President of Jerry Harvey Audio

Apopka, FL—July 24, 2014—Jerry Harvey Audio, inventor, technology leader, and manufacturer of custom-made in-ear monitors for musicians and audiophiles, has announced the promotion of Andy Regan to President. Regan joined the company in February as Vice President to manage global sales and operations.  The new post is effective immediately.

Before joining Jerry Harvey Audio, Regan was a prominent figure in the consumer electronics industry, where he worked with high-end brands Meridian Audio, AudioQuest, and Monster Cable. Prior to that, he worked as a sound engineer in the music industry for 13 years, with musicians and groups such as Aerosmith, Waylon Jennings, Parliament Funkadelic, The Commodore’s, and others. 

Regan said, “Joining the Jerry Harvey family has taken me back to my roots in the music industry, where my career began. I am honored to accept the position of President, and I’m proud to work with owner and founder Jerry Harvey, whose groundbreaking designs for professional musicians and audiophiles alike have taken the IEM market by storm.”

Jerry Harvey, owner and founder of Jerry Harvey Audio, said,  "Andy has proven to be a very valuable asset to our company. Since coming on board as VP, he has made a huge positive impact on the company. His many years of experience as a touring sound engineer, coupled with his 20 years’ experience in the high end audio industry, give him the perfect skill set to guide Jerry Harvey Audio to the next level. He understands both the professional and consumer sides of the business, which is a very rare combination. I’m very pleased to appoint Andy as President of Jerry Harvey Audio.”

Andy Regan can be reached at:  Andy@jhaudio.com.

About Jerry Harvey Audio
Based in Apopka Florida, Jerry Harvey Audio is a leading designer and manufacturer of premium, custom in-ear monitors (IEMs). The company’s products are the culmination of 30 years of live audio mixing and over 15 years of designing and building earphones for the most demanding artists on the planet. Since forming Jerry Harvey Audio, Jerry Harvey and his team have raised the bar with bold, cutting-edge audio designs that create the most realistic listening experience for engineers, performers and audiophiles alike. Clients include Alicia Keys, Garth Brooks, Bon Jovi, Cirque du Soleil, Justin Timberlake, Maroon 5, Blue Man Group, Bruno Mars, the Rolling Stones, Papa Roach, Pitbull, Keith Urban, 3 Doors Down, and many, many more.  For a full list, visit: www.jhaudio.com/about/client-list.

Jul 25, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 14
Very cool. Always really nice to get some info on what's going on in the industry itself! The head-fi community is so tight knit -
beyersmile.png

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 14
Great news for Jerry and for Andy.  I imagine this partnership will allow both of them to shine, and provide all of us with better products and better service.  That's a great move.

Jul 26, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #4 of 14
  I've known Andy Regan for years, he having been in the audio industry since before I had any involvement in it. Several months ago, when he called me to tell me he was thinking about joining Jerry Audio, I told him I hoped he would, thinking he and JH would be a great fit. And it was a great fit.

In the months since, Andy has really done a lot to rein in the chaos that comes with the hyper-growth at JH Audio, and there's still a lot more to do. If you read the release below, you'll see why his background and experience fit in so well at the rock 'n' roll outfit that so many here are fans of in JH Audio.

Congratulations to Andy, and congratulations to Jerry Harvey Audio!

(Press release below.)

Andy Regan Appointed President of Jerry Harvey Audio

Apopka, FL—July 24, 2014—Jerry Harvey Audio, inventor, technology leader, and manufacturer of custom-made in-ear monitors for musicians and audiophiles, has announced the promotion of Andy Regan to President. Regan joined the company in February as Vice President to manage global sales and operations.  The new post is effective immediately.

Before joining Jerry Harvey Audio, Regan was a prominent figure in the consumer electronics industry, where he worked with high-end brands Meridian Audio, AudioQuest, and Monster Cable. Prior to that, he worked as a sound engineer in the music industry for 13 years, with musicians and groups such as Aerosmith, Waylon Jennings, Parliament Funkadelic, The Commodore’s, and others. 

Regan said, “Joining the Jerry Harvey family has taken me back to my roots in the music industry, where my career began. I am honored to accept the position of President, and I’m proud to work with owner and founder Jerry Harvey, whose groundbreaking designs for professional musicians and audiophiles alike have taken the IEM market by storm.”

Jerry Harvey, owner and founder of Jerry Harvey Audio, said,  "Andy has proven to be a very valuable asset to our company. Since coming on board as VP, he has made a huge positive impact on the company. His many years of experience as a touring sound engineer, coupled with his 20 years’ experience in the high end audio industry, give him the perfect skill set to guide Jerry Harvey Audio to the next level. He understands both the professional and consumer sides of the business, which is a very rare combination. I’m very pleased to appoint Andy as President of Jerry Harvey Audio.”

Andy Regan can be reached at:  Andy@jhaudio.com.

About Jerry Harvey Audio
Based in Apopka Florida, Jerry Harvey Audio is a leading designer and manufacturer of premium, custom in-ear monitors (IEMs). The company’s products are the culmination of 30 years of live audio mixing and over 15 years of designing and building earphones for the most demanding artists on the planet. Since forming Jerry Harvey Audio, Jerry Harvey and his team have raised the bar with bold, cutting-edge audio designs that create the most realistic listening experience for engineers, performers and audiophiles alike. Clients include Alicia Keys, Garth Brooks, Bon Jovi, Cirque du Soleil, Justin Timberlake, Maroon 5, Blue Man Group, Bruno Mars, the Rolling Stones, Papa Roach, Pitbull, Keith Urban, 3 Doors Down, and many, many more.  For a full list, visit: www.jhaudio.com/about/client-list.

Andy actually mixed Woodstock!!
He's salt-of-the-Earth

Jul 26, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #5 of 14
and was SO psyched when I heard about it from Andy!!!!
Congratulations!

and I got that KILLER gift comin your way!!

rocked my Roxannes on the flight over here to CanMania at Capital Audiofest!
w/ my AK240, then my Glove Audio A1 by CEntrance - DAC/Amp for AstellnKern AK120 & 100!

kept me elsewhere all the way here!!

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 14
I wish you well in your new post, Andy.

I trust that you will do all you can to rectify the absolutely appalling customer service that JHA customers around the world have witnessed in the past 9 months.

No amount of glitzy PR or palm-pressing at trade shows can compensate for poor customer service, in the longterm, even though they may keep the company afloat in the short term.

Consequently, I, and hundreds of others around the world, will be closely watching the progress of JHA over the coming 12 months, so I wish you success in endeavouring to improve things.

Jul 28, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #7 of 14
  I wish you well in your new post, Andy.

I trust that you will do all you can to rectify the absolutely appalling customer service that JHA customers around the world have witnessed in the past 9 months.

No amount of glitzy PR or palm-pressing at trade shows can compensate for poor customer service, in the longterm, even though they may keep the company afloat in the short term.

Consequently, I, and hundreds of others around the world, will be closely watching the progress of JHA over the coming 12 months, so I wish you success in endeavouring to improve things.

I'm so saddened to hear the customer service has faltered like that!!

I've always had a terrific experience, from back when I reviewed the JH-13 Pros (pre-freqphase) for Positive Feedback!!
and I wasn't even a fan of IEMs before that!
I knew Jerry from back in my Atlantic Records days - and when I heard the 13 - Everything changed - and there was no kinda glitzy PR then.

I know Andy will help right ANY ship!!!

and with the Roxannes doin what they can do for me  - in terms of making me forget their IEMS at all - well, Andy and Jerry will DO THIS!!
LOVED writing about those

Jul 29, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #8 of 14
Dear Everyone,

First of thank you for the vote of confidence and congrats on my new position at Jerry Harvey Audio.

And to Mython or anyone else that had less then a great experience with JH Audio let me address these issues and offer some explanation.

Jerry Harvey Audio has experienced unprecedented growth. I have been working in this industry for over 25 years and I have never seen such rapid growth. The overload happened when the Roxanne was introduced late last year. JH introduced them with a Black Friday sale and the amount of orders that came in were staggering. No you would say thats great! What company would not want a staggering amount of sales to come in and you would be right and wrong at the same time. I will elaborate below.

1- Jerry Harvey Audio literally Hand Builds every earpiece in the USA. These are truly custom IEM's. The skilled workers we use in our lab have many years experience and generally come from the Hearing Aid industry. Many were with Jerry at UE and came back to us as soon as he started JH. That said custom shaping ear pieces is a art and while it can be a skill thats learned that is a steep curve. So when your growing at a accelerated rate hiring more staff to increase production is tricky. That said we have recently hired more people and have increased our output by 20% and we are working hard to increase this further.

2- Jerry personally works with our vendors in developing drivers and other parts that are then exclusively produced for his designs. I think you would all agree the key to a Jerry Harvey earpiece is Jerry Harvey himself and we would not have all the growth if a great many of you  did not love the performance products he designs. I have never worked for someone who is a passionate and driven as Jerry. As many of you have met him at shows, the man as no ego and loves all his customers famous or not. He is always pushing the performance envelope further and further. That said it takes time to ramp our suppliers up to higher volumes. 

3- Jerry is always pushing the edge on materials as well. The full Carbon fiber Shell Roxanne are a work of art and if our regular shells require a skilled shaper carbon fiber takes that skill requirement to new level. Every Carbon fiber shell is hand molded and hand laid up. The longest wait in production is Carbon Fiber. Here again we have invest time, people and new equipment to better handle the volume, but again the ramp up takes time.

4- We are very fortunate that our testing ground is the live music industry. Many of the most talented and successful artists in the world use our Ears, Mick Jagger, Bruno Mars, Maroon 5, Lucinda Williams, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Trent Resner, Carrie Underwood, Garth Brooks, and Journey to name just a few.  In fact this years Billboard awards 97% of all winners and performers wear JH ears. You would not believe how important feedback from live engineers and performers helps us advance the state of the art. Keep in mind Jerry Harvey Audio is run by Moniter Engineers making reference level IEM's for Monitor Engineers. Its a demanding crowd!

5- We are in the process of looking for a new facility as I cannot fit any more people in my current location.

The trick in handling this kind of Growth is to not lose who you are and what you stand for.....and we will not do that

So since I tend to ramble I will sum up:

Give me some time and we will continue to get faster and better, I promise you that. As always you are welcome to contact me at any time or lets chat at any of the shows I am at.

- Thank you for supporting us with your orders
-Thank you for your patience
- We have gotten lead time down and will continue to do so
- Rest assured we will get faster 

- What we will not do is sacrifice Jerry Harvey quality or move to building offshore just to make more ears and therefore more money

Thanks for listening

- BTW Jerry has some amazing stuff coming

Jul 29, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #9 of 14
Andy,

That's a very detailed, forward leaning note to us Headfiers and general consumers alike. Leadership is the critical aspect of superlative customer service. I thought of pulling the trigger on purchasing JH customs many times, but had reservations rooted in the touch-points covered in your post. The mere fact that you empathize and understand our need to know speaks volumes for JH and their investment into you being at the helm. I wish you the sincerest and most vigorous success.

One thing has always proven true, and that is a positive customer experience is directly driven by positive employee experiences. You are such the leadership style that they needed. Very exciting times.

It is time for me to consider JH as the vendor of choice for my first foray into custom IEMs.

Respectfully,

Fabian Blache III
Baton Rouge, LA

Aug 1, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #10 of 14
  Dear Everyone,

First of thank you for the vote of confidence and congrats on my new position at Jerry Harvey Audio.

And to Mython or anyone else that had less then a great experience with JH Audio let me address these issues and offer some explanation.

Jerry Harvey Audio has experienced unprecedented growth. I have been working in this industry for over 25 years and I have never seen such rapid growth. The overload happened when the Roxanne was introduced late last year. JH introduced them with a Black Friday sale and the amount of orders that came in were staggering. No you would say thats great! What company would not want a staggering amount of sales to come in and you would be right and wrong at the same time. I will elaborate below.

1- Jerry Harvey Audio literally Hand Builds every earpiece in the USA. These are truly custom IEM's. The skilled workers we use in our lab have many years experience and generally come from the Hearing Aid industry. Many were with Jerry at UE and came back to us as soon as he started JH. That said custom shaping ear pieces is a art and while it can be a skill thats learned that is a steep curve. So when your growing at a accelerated rate hiring more staff to increase production is tricky. That said we have recently hired more people and have increased our output by 20% and we are working hard to increase this further.

2- Jerry personally works with our vendors in developing drivers and other parts that are then exclusively produced for his designs. I think you would all agree the key to a Jerry Harvey earpiece is Jerry Harvey himself and we would not have all the growth if a great many of you  did not love the performance products he designs. I have never worked for someone who is a passionate and driven as Jerry. As many of you have met him at shows, the man as no ego and loves all his customers famous or not. He is always pushing the performance envelope further and further. That said it takes time to ramp our suppliers up to higher volumes. 

3- Jerry is always pushing the edge on materials as well. The full Carbon fiber Shell Roxanne are a work of art and if our regular shells require a skilled shaper carbon fiber takes that skill requirement to new level. Every Carbon fiber shell is hand molded and hand laid up. The longest wait in production is Carbon Fiber. Here again we have invest time, people and new equipment to better handle the volume, but again the ramp up takes time.

4- We are very fortunate that our testing ground is the live music industry. Many of the most talented and successful artists in the world use our Ears, Mick Jagger, Bruno Mars, Maroon 5, Lucinda Williams, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Trent Resner, Carrie Underwood, Garth Brooks, and Journey to name just a few.  In fact this years Billboard awards 97% of all winners and performers wear JH ears. You would not believe how important feedback from live engineers and performers helps us advance the state of the art. Keep in mind Jerry Harvey Audio is run by Moniter Engineers making reference level IEM's for Monitor Engineers. Its a demanding crowd!

5- We are in the process of looking for a new facility as I cannot fit any more people in my current location.

The trick in handling this kind of Growth is to not lose who you are and what you stand for.....and we will not do that

So since I tend to ramble I will sum up:

Give me some time and we will continue to get faster and better, I promise you that. As always you are welcome to contact me at any time or lets chat at any of the shows I am at.

- Thank you for supporting us with your orders
-Thank you for your patience
- We have gotten lead time down and will continue to do so
- Rest assured we will get faster 

- What we will not do is sacrifice Jerry Harvey quality or move to building offshore just to make more ears and therefore more money

Thanks for listening

- BTW Jerry has some amazing stuff coming

I've known Andy for years as well.
He loves what he does - and he KNOWS this industry so well (from his time at Monster and Meridian to Cardas to JHA).
He also mixed Woodstock!

So he knows sound,
and he knows how to make customers happy - and he's one of the hardest working people I know, period.

Aug 3, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #11 of 14
First, Congrats on your new position Andy,

I'm also looking forward on JH and their growth and hope you'll meet and surpass expectations.

Wanted to add that I've been looking into JH 13Pro but on a Universal fit, just as the Roxanne's and been in contact with several dealers and even PR at JH but have not been able to get them just yet, and see this as a most for any IEM company, as not all user will prefer customs. Although I can understand the aim at professionals and audiophiles alike looking at the benefits of customs there's a big market that would invest on Universal having the benefit they could share and lower somewhat the cost of the IEM.

Thank you for pushing JH into a bigger market and waiting for new products.

Isaac B.

Sep 21, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #12 of 14
  First, Congrats on your new position Andy,

I'm also looking forward on JH and their growth and hope you'll meet and surpass expectations.

Wanted to add that I've been looking into JH 13Pro but on a Universal fit, just as the Roxanne's and been in contact with several dealers and even PR at JH but have not been able to get them just yet, and see this as a most for any IEM company, as not all user will prefer customs. Although I can understand the aim at professionals and audiophiles alike looking at the benefits of customs there's a big market that would invest on Universal having the benefit they could share and lower somewhat the cost of the IEM.

Thank you for pushing JH into a bigger market and waiting for new products.

Isaac B.

here here!!!!

and LOVING the Roxannes - these CIEMs are doing things I didn't think possible in an in-ear-monitor!!

Sep 4, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #13 of 14
The Newest News from Jerry Harvey Audio HQ - Read it or weep!!
From the MacBook of Andy Regan, President:

Hello Head-Fiers,
It’s been a little over a year since I was appointed President of Jerry Harvey Audio. At that time many of you had experienced long wait times on your orders and less then stellar Customer Service. I posted in the Head-fi forum at headfi.org to let you all know that Jerry Harvey Audio was experiencing extreme growing pains, and while, as I explained then, it is every company’s dream to have this kind of double digit growth, it is that vary growth that has been the beginning of the end of many a promising young company. Without making the proper investments in infrastructure, technology, and people this could have been the fate of JH Audio.
From the beginning, Jerry Harvey Audio was founded on advancing the In-Ear Monitor sonically, ergonomically, and cosmetically. Our proving ground is and will always be Professional Audio, one of the most unforgiving arenas known to man. Jerry’s long history in the industry and our unprecedented access to the biggest touring artists in the world has allowed JHA what no other IEM company has, a unique opportunity to develop and test our products with the people who create the music we all covet. It is through this that Jerry Harvey Audio is able to continue to lead the industry through innovation and uncompromising audio quality.
The danger of navigating such growth is staying true to the core principles that make the company great to begin with. And after a year of very hard work by the JH team and sizable investments in the aforementioned infrastructure, technology, and people we are happy report to you the following improvements:

Infrastructure Investments
Staff: We have increased our staff from 25 to 58 employees. JHAudio IEMs continue to be custom made by hand in ourHQ in Orlando, Florida in the good old USA. Our Staff is made up of highly skilled and talented specialists. Finding and training that many new people was no small feat and a huge thanks goes to our core group of very talented,existing staff for recruiting and training new members of our Lab. We have also added many other new team members in the Order Processing, Customer Service,and Repair departments.
Technology and Machinery: While all JH Custom IEMS are handcrafted, there have been significant technological advancements that can, when used properly, advance state of the existing art. We have made significant investments in 3D Modeling, 3D Printing Technologies, and Automated CNC Machinery.  
New JHAudio HQ: As you can imagine, adding this many new people and machinery put some serious stress on our existing facility. We are happy announce that in October we will be moving into a new state-of-the-art facility that will more than quadruple our current facility’s square footage. The new facility is located in downtown Orlando and after we get moved in this fall we invite you all to come down for a tour of our new HQ!

We are also very happy to report to you that these changes, investments, new technologies, and just plain hard work has yielded the following improvement in our response time to your needs:

Turn Around Time
Custom Acrylic IEMs
     o  Turn Around time: 2 weeks -The two-week clock begins at the time we receive your impressions till we craft your IEMs and they ship from our Florida HQ.
Carbon Fiber IEMs
     o  Turn Around Time: 3 weeks - The three-week clock is begins at the time we receive your impressions till we craft your IEMs and they ship from our Florida HQ.
While we are very proud of our much-reduced turn around times, I am most proud that we have not only become faster but also stayed true to our core values while further pushing the performance envelope.

New Products

Angie and Layla CIEMs: This year we launched the all new Siren Series, Angie and LaylaCIEMs. These Mastering and Reference Quality IEMs join the Roxanne and have been wildly accepted in both the Audiophile  and the Professional markets with artists such as Gwen Stefani, Mick Jagger, U2, Madonna, Van Halen, and many more currently using the Siren Series CIEMs on tour.
Angie and Layla Universal IEMs: We have also developed Angie and Layla Universal IEMs. These new and innovative Universals join fellow Siren Series Roxanne Universals and are offered exclusively through our partnership with Astell&Kern, makers of some of the finest High-Resolution Digital Audio Players in the world.

All and all it’s been a very busy year for all of us at Jerry Harvey Audio, and we are just getting started! We have many exciting things to come and will always strive to lead the industry by innovating!
Head-Fiers have been among the most supportive, to say the least, and we feel it’s time to pay back your unparalleled support. We are very happy and excited to announce the newJHAudio Crew Loyalty Program! See http://www.jhaudio.com/jh-crew for further details.

Happy Listening!
Andy and the Team at JHA

Sep 16, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #14 of 14
Congrats on your new job at Hifiman, I cant wait to see what your years of experience will bring to Hifiman. The team at Hifiman have the science to achieve things but their product vision can be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back