1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Android phones and USB DACs

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nztechfreak, Feb 9, 2012.
First

Back
613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622
  1. m-i-c-k-e-y
    For those who are in Android and want to venture AGAIN to Windows.

Don't bother. SQ in Android is STILL better (and cheaper too).

See my experience -> LINK

2. wwyjoe
    Does this mean one can just use Tidal's own app for playback with Cobalt? I.e. Once i connected the Cobalt to the Samsung, the Tidal native app can detect and play through Cobalt?

3. Buckster
    got the update to 9.1.0.311 for my P20 Pro yesterday

immediately I noticed my USB DAC (Fiio E17) sounding much better with Spotify - I thought maybe placebo

then looked at front of the DAC and now its receiving 48khz audio vs on 9.0 it was upsampled to 96khz for all audio which didn't sound as good (it didn't sound great at all)

now it switches to 96khz only for high-resolution audio

thanks Huawei :)

4. uncletim
    I want to try UAPP with my Cobalt on Samsung S10. I have Neutron installed.

do I need what is called OTG adapter or just use the cable that came with Dragonfly?

5. m-i-c-k-e-y
    If your Neutron runs w/ your Cobalt on the said cable, same is true w/ UAPP.

You need to choose UAPP however when attaching Cobalt. Since both programs (Neutron and UAPP) will asking for connection permissions.

6. uncletim
    wow, huge difference! enabled bit-perfect and outstanding. my old IEMs sound great didn't need new ones! lol

7. uncletim
    thank you. excellent

8. Devodonaldson
    That is an OTG cable. OTG or on the go is a data cable allowing you to connect another device to read/write to your phone, etc.

9. m-i-c-k-e-y
    Yeah the beauty of UAPP. If you use Tidal/MQA suggest in purchasing the MQA plugin (in app purchase) to make yiur Cobalt to full use.

10. uncletim
    Cobalt worked great with my Galaxy S10+ for a few days, now it doesn't want to connect. just get "USB connected/USB disconnected" back and forth. Cobalt flashes red and that is about it. nothing has changed on the phone, maybe a couple app updates.

11. m-i-c-k-e-y
    cable issues?

12. uncletim
    I tried another cable and also tried the new iBasso usb-c dac at a shop and same thing. something with the phone.

for now, going to use an older phone with usb-c for music until I get a new DAP.

I'm liking how cobalt and UAPP sounds.

13. Moses4188
    I love it also. Great sound even with Dragonfly Black :wink:
    IMG_2829.JPG

First

Back
613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622