android phone as source
Dec 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

gattari

100+ Head-Fier
I have a note 3 and a galaxy s3.
Both perform extremly well with my two dac, an asus muses and a chinese custom board with xmos usb.
In my home I have also 2 pc, a portable sony and a nuc intel with dedicated linear power supply, but the quality is not the same as my android source + UAPP PLAYER.
I use for my nuc jriver or Pupmpd,
I like the sound of Pupmpd, but the android source are more enjoable and have the best sound.
Anyone have similar experience?
Why android sound so gooood?

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #5 of 10
  have you tried neutron music player? the sound could be even better.

Or WORSE - it hisses on my S3. Killing the 64-bit processing and all other sound tweaks (at which point I would no longer have any reason to endure that UI) reduces the hiss but not entirely. I can hear it between tracks, and only goes away when I shut down NeutronMP. I don't get the same hiss off Media Monkey (or PowerAmp, or even the stock player app), between tracks or when I hit pause - nothing, nada, zilch. I never noticed that hiss when I had the original Galaxy S. On the S3 it happens through the headphone out but even louder when using USB OTG.

In any case my amp has its own crossfeed, so I'm not really missing Neutron's sound tweaks as that's the only one I use. Even then I don't really use the hardware crossfeed on my amp now. If I still had my SR225 I'd probably keep using either crossfeed for it.

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #6 of 10
I had no problem with neutron on Sony. However, sound is even better with clearaudio+ on stock walkman player. Neutron is certainly better sounding than playerpro. But can't beat walkman with clearaudio+ on.

Dec 29, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #7 of 10
  I love my android phone for audio. What I use:

Samsung Galaxy s2 Epic 4g Touch

Viper Audio Mod (needs to be rooted)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Poweramp

Flac/320kpbs audio

64 gb external sd card

Sennheiser HD 280...is BASSY/ Clear  on this setup :D

I've got an S2 galaxy as well which I never could get a decent sound out of. Find it lacking detail quite badly. That audio mod seems to be designed to boost bass? Or is it an all round improvement?

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #9 of 10
if you tried Oppo find clover, you will be surprised with its superb sound quality.
it has burr brown DAC inside the handphone +dirac HD tech.

i ever tried sony experia J, Ipod touch 5 gen, iphone 4s, samsung s3.
But this one has much beter quality to my ears. on this case i use the standar Sennheiser cx300 ii
or sometimes at home connect it to marantz pm6004 + Q Accoustics 2020i

May 4, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #10 of 10
Any ideas on Oppo Find 7 sound quality? Same burr brown DAC? I use currently Kamerton on Nexus One and sound is really good. Now I am thinking to upgrade phone since Nexus one becomes outdated, but it looks like most flagship phones are crappy from sound stand point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back