Android: Neutron Music Player
Aug 11, 2011 at 9:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,374

DrTone

100+ Head-Fier
I found this new player for android yesterday.

The user interface is clunky, terribly slow scanning of your library, and bad library management.

That said his primary goal is the best sound quality possible from a player and has some unique (audiophile) specific features.  Check it out.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.neutroncode.mp

I bought it just to support the guy because I think he's going in the right direction, he just has to fix some of the usability issues first.

Aug 12, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #6 of 1,374

Quote:
there is a good rockbox port for android, not sure why you would use anything else

I have tried Rockbox for Android. It is unfinished, and I had some playback problems with it. After around 40 minutes it could stop or start shuffling the tracks. The database doesn't work either. So I lost my patience. A couple of weeks ago I bought Neutron. I am very satisfied with it. Apart from Rockbox this is the only player that supports perfect gapless and crossfeed. I also have Poweramp, but the gapless in Poweramp has some glitches with mp3.

Neutron is the only player in the market where the developer has started in the right end of the development by focusing on playback quality first. Fancy UI features can wait. I like that attitude. The player is still quite fresh, so we can expect that he will add many new features. He is also very responsive to input from the users. The Neutron forum isn't crowded yet, so there is a great chance that he will listen to good suggestions. So I would recommend this to anyone. 

Aug 15, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #7 of 1,374
I posted in his forums, and he's indicated that pretty much my whole wish list will be coming in various future updates.

Oct 28, 2011 at 9:06 AM Post #8 of 1,374
One question on this player: does it support the choice between applying track or album replaygain values? Does it offer something similar to the "smart" option found in Squeeze Server (where it applies album gain in case you are playing whole albums but automatically switches to track values if you are playing mixes)?

Oct 28, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #10 of 1,374
I just tried this out it sounds good but I'm still spoiled on the new poweramp 2.0. The interface is much better and the sound quality (due to eq adjustments) improved from previous versions. Maybe I'll try tinkering this out later. peace! :)

Oct 29, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #11 of 1,374
I had an issue where the app couldn't find the tunes on my micro sd card - I have nothing stored on the phone's internal memory. I uninstalled and am STILL enjoying powerAMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back