Android: Neutron Music Player
Dec 1, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #406 of 1,374
NeutronMP was working fine on my SGS3 even while all those crash and freeze reports were posted here, now every time I press the right side button to display and save the battery, it exits and shuts down NMP after the track it was playing at the time.

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #407 of 1,374
can anyone please share the eq curve using neutron and listening to an lcd2 rev2 pre-fazor, whether its parametric eq or graphic eq

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #408 of 1,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can anyone please share the eq curve using neutron and listening to an lcd2 rev2 pre-fazor, whether its parametric eq or graphic eq

Try this, just fiddle with the ranges:

Center Freq: 2,000hz to 2,500hz
Q-Factor: 1.4 to 2.0
Gain: +2dB to +3dB

Center Freq: 3,800hz to 4,000hz
Q-Factor: 2.8 to 3.4

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #409 of 1,374

Try this, just fiddle with the ranges:

Center Freq: 2,000hz to 2,500hz
Q-Factor: 1.4 to 2.0

Center Freq: 3,800hz to 4,000hz
Q-Factor: 2.8 to 3.4

how bout the bass as i love to lots of bass

do u use the 10 parametirc eq

can you give a detailed one for 10 parametric eq

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #410 of 1,374
  how bout the bass as i love to lots of bass

I posted EQ tweaks to smoothen out the response of the LCD-2. Judging by the graphs it is nearly flat from 10hz to just below 1khz. Boosting the bass anywhere will affect that balance.

However if the goal really is to basically make the LCD-2 sound like the Audiobahn system in a black Cadillac rolling on them 22in rimmz, then try this:

Center Frequency: 60hz
Q-Factor: 0.4
Gain: +10dB

That's roughly the setting on the 10in sub in my car if I want to set off car alarms, except it's not on the EQ but a +6B boost on the processor's subwoofer preamp output when I want to play party music.

Disclaimer: I will not be responsible if you destroy the headphones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif /img/forum/go_quote.gif

do u use the 10 parametirc eq

can you give a detailed one for 10 parametric eq

Having 10 EQ bands does not mean you have to use all 10 EQ bands. EQ Bands are not weapons where Musashi will tell you it is shameful to give up and die from your wounds with a sword yet undrawn. 

In this case the LCD-2 is nearly flat from 10hz to just under 1khz, and while after 1khz it's generally weaker than just before it dips, it doesn't have a tendency to jump way up then dive way down several times over. Even if your goal was to try to make it absolutely flat having 10 EQ bands won't help. You have to understand how Q-factor and EQ works - trying to flatten everything on the LCD-2 will just result in overlapping effects or using extremely narrow Q-factor at the range that it isn't close to flat will just make it sound like it's hissing.

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #411 of 1,374
first thanks for people who tried to help and actually their tips helped alot alot, now I realized when i chose 10 parametric eq i created a mess and that is why my lcd2 sounded like plastic and bass was distorting like hell, and i had sharpness all over. So I followed the advise and use now only 4 parametric eq.

but still i think i need more help with the parametric eq and how to tune it for my audeze lcd2 rev2 and have this great bass that everyone is talking about in the lcd2 forums

I need kindly a full write up of what to choose in the eq settings, as i see high shelf, low shelf, peak , and many other options

so to create solid bass that is tight, and warm, layered with great mids ( i lean towrds thick sound that is more of analogue ) and gentle high that are non sibilant can anyone please tell me extacly for each of the 4 parametric eq points what i shall choose in detail

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #412 of 1,374
Quote:

but still i think i need more help with the parametric eq and how to tune it for my audeze lcd2 rev2 and have this great bass that everyone is talking about in the lcd2 forums

That's a matter of quality as well as perspective. Its quality is super because planars like it have a very flat response in the bass, in the case of the LCD-2 it's nearly flat from just under 1000hz all the way down to 10hz. That means that unlike dynamic drivers for example which tends to have a boost in the upper bass to lower midrange, and then rolls off early, you won't be getting any auditory masking - you hear the bass as it is, not an artificial boost to the audible range of a bass drum for example but not enough to the lowest frequencies that up to a point you only feel.

The problem there is that perception has a lot to do with how one feels the bass, or how one can compromise with a headphone (or by how much one is unaware of how great that response would be on a speaker). Let's assume for example that we have a speaker with the same response as the LCD-2 at the distance they're intended to be used, ie, a proper measuring set-up was used on both. You would still feel like the speakers have "more" bass despite the measurements, because in such a system the speakers are affecting air all around the room, "pressurizing" the air to which more of your body is exposed to, and as a result you can feel the bass drum kicking you in the chest. A headphone that measures similarly cannot have the same sensation, and not even massive amounts of bass boost, because the air being moved isn't just volumetrically small compared to the speaker, but that air isn't moving in any area that it can hit you in the chest.

So essentially people heaping praise on the LCD-2's bass either understand that you can't have the same kind of bass on a headphone, or they've never heard what a serious speaker system sounds like.

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #413 of 1,374

That's a matter of quality as well as perspective. Its quality is super because planars like it have a very flat response in the bass, in the case of the LCD-2 it's nearly flat from just under 1000hz all the way down to 10hz. That means that unlike dynamic drivers for example which tends to have a boost in the upper bass to lower midrange, and then rolls off early, you won't be getting any auditory masking - you hear the bass as it is, not an artificial boost to the audible range of a bass drum for example but not enough to the lowest frequencies that up to a point you only feel.

The problem there is that perception has a lot to do with how one feels the bass, or how one can compromise with a headphone (or by how much one is unaware of how great that response would be on a speaker). Let's assume for example that we have a speaker with the same response as the LCD-2 at the distance they're intended to be used, ie, a proper measuring set-up was used on both. You would still feel like the speakers have "more" bass despite the measurements, because in such a system the speakers are affecting air all around the room, "pressurizing" the air to which more of your body is exposed to, and as a result you can feel the bass drum kicking you in the chest. A headphone that measures similarly cannot have the same sensation, and not even massive amounts of bass boost, because the air being moved isn't just volumetrically small compared to the speaker, but that air isn't moving in any area that it can hit you in the chest.

So essentially people heaping praise on the LCD-2's bass either understand that you can't have the same kind of bass on a headphone, or they've never heard what a serious speaker system sounds like.

wow i made a big mistake then buying the lcd2, as i like headphones that have a boost in upper bass to lower mids type of signature. i ts offical i am a bassheads that bought the wrong headphone. But thanks so much for all this explanation

i will try your suggestion that you sent in private message

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #414 of 1,374
Quote:
wow i made a big mistake then buying the lcd2, as i like headphones that have a boost in upper bass to lower mids type of signature. i ts offical i am a bassheads that bought the wrong headphone. But thanks so much for all this explanation

Note that such a cruve does not necessarily make for more bass that you prefer especially if you're basing it on speakers. The plateau of upper bass boost on most dynamic driver headphones effectively makes them sound like they have less bass due to auditory masking affecting the already falling off the graph low bass. 

Dec 3, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #415 of 1,374

Note that such a cruve does not necessarily make for more bass that you prefer especially if you're basing it on speakers. The plateau of upper bass boost on most dynamic driver headphones effectively makes them sound like they have less bass due to auditory masking affecting the already falling off the graph low bass. 

now i am confused more , i feel so embarrassed now to ask again from scratch how do i equalize my lcd in neutron 

1-- how many paramtric eq bands do i chose
2- which band do i use peak eq, low shelf, high shelf, etc, and what is the difference between BW and Q and what to choose for each
3- which center points do i eq to achieve basshead level warm non sibilant soudn sig for my lcd

i am sorry to ask this again as i just got confused now

Dec 3, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #417 of 1,374

1-- how many paramtric eq bands do i chose

As per my settings, use 2, one to tame the highs and one to bring up the midrange a bit more; then 2 more if it's not enough.

2- which band do i use peak eq, low shelf, high shelf, etc, and what is the difference between BW and Q and what to choose for each

Depends on which one (see below), I'll come up with a new set. Use Q for now but only because I haven't read up on BW enough.

3- which center points do i eq to achieve basshead level warm non sibilant soudn sig for my lcd

OK I'm going to write them all down here and just use specific values. Note this is for a five band set-up but again you do not need to use everything. Set NMP to 5-Band, then try Band 2 and Band 3 first with everything else on 0 gain. If it's not enough, input the settings for Band 4. Not enough yet, add the settings for Band 5, and if not, then finally add the setttings for Band 1. If you didn't use all bands then you can just open another default setting with less than 5 Bands and then just input the settings you are using.

Note I'm changing the Q-Factor settings as i remembered something about too narrow Q's that I forgot when I posted the first ones.

Band 1
EQ Type : Low Shelf
Center Frequency: 80hz
Q-Factor: 1.0
Gain: +3dB

Band 2
EQ Type : Peak
Center Frequency: 2000
Gain: +2dB

Band 3
Center Frequency: 6500hz
Q-Factor: 1.4
Gain: -3dB

Band 4
EQ Type : High Shelf
Center Frequency: 11000hz

Band 5
Center Frequency: 5000hz
Gain: -4dB

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #418 of 1,374

As per my settings, use 2, one to tame the highs and one to bring up the midrange a bit more; then 2 more if it's not enough.

Depends on which one (see below), I'll come up with a new set. Use Q for now but only because I haven't read up on BW enough.

OK I'm going to write them all down here and just use specific values. Note this is for a five band set-up but again you do not need to use everything. Set NMP to 5-Band, then try Band 2 and Band 3 first with everything else on 0 gain. If it's not enough, input the settings for Band 4. Not enough yet, add the settings for Band 5, and if not, then finally add the setttings for Band 1. If you didn't use all bands then you can just open another default setting with less than 5 Bands and then just input the settings you are using.

Note I'm changing the Q-Factor settings as i remembered something about too narrow Q's that I forgot when I posted the first ones.

Band 1

Band 2

Band 3

Band 4

Band 5

thanks so much i did use your settings above and they sound really good, i had to increase the 80 hz to gain +5 and i had to tighten up bass by creating a dip at 80hz with a q=3 and i did that and it really tightens the bass up with better punch.

Jan 2, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #419 of 1,374

Band 1

Band 2

Band 3

Band 4

Band 5

Using these settings on my LG G4!

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #420 of 1,374
Does Neutron apply a Q value greater than 1? I know JRiver doesn't, but these are different parametric EQs so perhaps this isn't the case in Neutron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back