Android LOD
Jan 31, 2011 at 2:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MS3boostin

New Head-Fier
Hello, I have a question regarding portable android devices and headphones amps/DACs.

Everywhere I read I see people stressing the importance purchasing an LOD to bypass the iPhone/iPod onboard amp/DAC. For example, I have an iPod and an e7. I use the LOD between the two so the e7 receives the signal.

However, in my case, I own an HTC EVO 4G which I play MP3s through. I have searched everywhereeeee for resources on the subject and I cannot find any material dealing with LODs for phones like this. All the phone has is the standard 3.5mm headphone out, a mini USB port (used for charging and docking just as the iPhones) and a mini HDMI port (I doubt this has an application for music).

Do I need to like find a way to have USB to USB connecting or am is amping this phone hopeless?

Apr 9, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 2

Martin J

Head-Fier
this is also my dilemma if i want to use my fiio e7 as portable amp/dac..

however on the galaxy S , supercurio has released a kernel exploit that maximizes the Wolfson DAC and amping it up...this turns the galaxy S into a reliable DAC/AMP..pair it up it PowerAMP music player to play FLAC files.....

i dont know about the EVO but you can check it if it has a nice DAC and see if developers have exploited it already

Users who are viewing this thread