Android HD audio playback issue, any suggestions?
Jan 29, 2015 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DougofTheAbaci

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm kind of new to Android and so far the biggest pain-point has been pretty much anything to do with audio playback... I'm an iOS convert so almost all of my music is ALAC, including several albums I have that are 24/96.

I tried PowerAmp (seemed to be the most recommended audio app out there) but it played my 24/96 ALAC files at 1/3 the speed. Apparently there's a bug with how 24/96 files present themselves on Android? Has anyone come across this bug and is there a solution? This bug doesn't present itself in every player (Neutron), but some just refuse to play any sound at all (Google Music)! Any suggestions?

I still have other iOS devices so I can't just drop iTunes or convert all my ALAC files to something else.

OnePlus One, Cyanogen based on Android 4.4.

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 3
Have you tried DoubleTwist? It is supposedly geared towards using iTunes with Android and basically enabling this transition.

I am in the same camp, installed it today, haven't done much testing yet. Also, I don't have any ALAC.

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 3
Have you tried DoubleTwist? It is supposedly gear towards using iTunes with Android and basically enabling this transition.

I am in the same camp, installed it today, haven't done much testing yet. Also, I don't have any ALAC.

I tried it, it didn't even see almost any of my music. I have about 1,500 songs I wanted to sync. I saw 200 scattered amongst a few of my playlists.

If you have the same problem try iSyncR, it works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back