Android-fi!
Mar 18, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #812 of 904
In the living rm I use game systems to watch video, but the setup I use on the TV in the bedroom is an rk3188 quad-core Android mini-pc-box, I bundled it with a Measy RC11 Air Mouse/Keyboard and a G910 Bluetooth controller for emulators and android gaming. Plays 1080p video like a hot damn, too. Whole kit was less than $120. Highly recommend!!

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #814 of 904

Update, as of yesterday, I've installed CM11 on my N5. I now have USB audio available, just as you would with an iOS device. No special apps ( IE USB Audio Recorder Pro ), for those that weren't aware. Works perfectly with my Nuforce uDAC

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #815 of 904
^^^ that's really nice actually. I like the clean black and white colours. Also that Reddit one is nice and minimalist. I like minimalist, but for me, more is definitely more, so here:

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #816 of 904
Nice Illuminati theme.

Aug 11, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #818 of 904
Hey thread. Is there a tutorial on how to get the best sound out of one's android phone?

My headphones sound amazing and dynamic on my wife's Iphone 4S, but sound muddy on my Samsung Note-3.

Is this due to hardware limits of my Note-3? Or are there settings that I need to set?

Aug 11, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #819 of 904
Hi. I'm currently writing articles about audio for my blog(axiostech.uk) and I've already written one about audio quality and phones, but mostly aimed at beginners. Now that you mention it I might do an advanced one with info about tweaks and such.

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #820 of 904
Hey thread. Is there a tutorial on how to get the best sound out of one's android phone?

My headphones sound amazing and dynamic on my wife's Iphone 4S, but sound muddy on my Samsung Note-3.

Is this due to hardware limits of my Note-3? Or are there settings that I need to set?

Throw some flac files on an SD card, play them through the Neutron app and this,https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noozxoidelabs.eizo.rewirepro and see if your results don't improve.

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #821 of 904
I only recently got introduced to smartphones and tablets at my last job where they provided me with one of each, an Iphone 4 and a Samsung Galaxy tab 3 or something like that.  So finally in 2014 I experienced what was introduced in 2007.  And boy...what a shock, I cant't help but feel that it is all over for Microsoft.  My XP installations are all not secure anymore and I'll be actively avoiding Microsoft if I can.

So since that job didn't work out...the shock horror of returning to use a regular number pad phone was overwhelming.  I bought an Iphone 4 from a roomate that upgraded to Iphone 5.  Slowly, I realise the Iphone 4 is old and kinda slow...because after I jumped to smartphone....a lot of my buddies upgraded to Iphone 5....and so it seems, to one up my latest toy.  So it begins...the Iphone 4 of mine has a dodgy back button....the perfect excuse, and I landed myself  Nexus 5, brand new!

I have zero complaints....other than battery life....I charged my old dumb phone twice a week, this thing, prolly cause I cant stop twiddling with it...needs a charge a day!  I did my research before gunning for the Nexus and they said that the pure Android is the way to go.  I guess Google is smart to cater to the struggling class...but if I had the money...I'd go for them Iphone 5s with the fingerprint sensor and also an Ipad Air to replace my XP laptop.  Its a status thing y'know...I wanna be able to flip out the latest Iphone in order to declare that I am better than all you poor ass google users.

Its an age thing as well, I believe...I phone is just a fraction more better to interact with for anyone new to smart phones.  When I was younger....I learned the ins and outs of Windows XP...I can't do that anymore with computers.  Apple is perfect for the person I am today.  Yet I can imagine much preferring android if I was younger.  Nevertheless....I am rapt with the Nexus 5. 

Playing around with my new phone....it starts to make sense, the social behavioural change in the last few years and the falling price of a permanently monitored personal ID number.

Aug 17, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #822 of 904
I totally agree with you about XP, I personally learnt computers on it(without internet, Help and Support Center FTW) and nothing today is as easy to learn. On battery life, to be honest all modern smartphones need to be charged once a a day, in fact a whole day's battery life on your usage is usually the benchmark used for smartphones, so be thankful you don't have to charge it on the go.

Aug 19, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #823 of 904
@SP Wild - 

I use a Mophie Juice pack on my Galaxy S4. I don't think Mophie has released one for the Nexus 5, but they are good, as they give just that little bit of extra juice to let you do as you please with the phone, without too much worry about battery life.

Also it's pretty non-intrusive and clean.

Aug 19, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #825 of 904
  @SP Wild - 

I use a Mophie Juice pack on my Galaxy S4. I don't think Mophie has released one for the Nexus 5, but they are good, as they give just that little bit of extra juice to let you do as you please with the phone, without too much worry about battery life.

Also it's pretty non-intrusive and clean.

Oh yeah....it integrates in to a protective casing.  That'd be perfect when they make one for the Nexus 5.

@Hungryhoss straight to the top of the andoid heap....I know what you mean about that falling in love thing.  I see these things for what they are, a pocket supercomputer....so much faster than my laptop and can do so much more.

Did you guys see the wooden Moto X....I need one, then I need wooden headphones to go with it!  Motorola seems OK...I walked into a shop to purchase a Motorola G, and walked away with a Nexus instead. I may have preferred the apple because that's how I learned to use a smartphone...but now I'm gettin more used to android and honestly have no desire to go IOS...I might even look into an android tablet to replace my laptop.  I bought one of them wallet cases and dispensed with my wallet...I also payed 10 bucks for a screen protector and threw that in rubbish pile in frustration....I mean somehow dust gets in it and it looks rubbish...so my screen is bare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back