Android-fi!
Dec 13, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #751 of 904
You're lucky. Sense 5 is awful, IMO.

Never really understood the hate for Sense 5. I've used Nexus devices with stock and an HTC One with Sense 5. What don't you like about it specifically?

I understand not liking touchwiz (although I understand loving it too), has so much bloat. But Sense 5, just seems like hating because it's not 'pure wonderful magical' stock.

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #752 of 904
I think it boils down to the lack of customization options. Oh, and the app drawer scrolls vertically, but at pages at à time, if that makes sense. A smooth scroll, through all my apps would be much appreciated. Not sure why, but of all the things I could nit-pick, that drives me absolutely nuts.

Alas, all is solved, thanks to Nova Launcher Prime.

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #753 of 904
I think it boils down to the lack of customization options. Oh, and the app drawer scrolls vertically, but at pages at à time, if that makes sense. A smooth scroll, through all my apps would be much appreciated. Not sure why, but of all the things I could nit-pick, that drives me absolutely nuts.

Alas, all is solved, thanks to Nova Launcher Prime.

I haven't noticed any extra customization in stock android compared to sense 5. But you're right nova launcher gives a lot of freedom. My main issue with sense is the lame and rigid lock screen which nova launcher dlesnt improve unfortunately

Dec 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #754 of 904
**cough** WidgetLocker **cough**

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #756 of 904
I've dabbled in it briefly. I never really got into it either.

Dec 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #757 of 904
I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 running android 4.3.

I love Android so much. I love it's customization features which you just can't get with Apple. Even got my sister who uses an iPhone wanting a android phone now. She really wants the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Dec 20, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #759 of 904
Well when I first got my GS3 the battery lasted a full day as long as I didn't heavily game on it. Now my battery life is quite terrible probably from leaving it on charger overnight so it's charged in morning and from loading it down with apps. If you want amazing battery life I heard a lot of good things about the droid phones.

Dec 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #760 of 904
Probably not, but does anyone here have Samsung Galaxy S Plus (most people here probably have far better phones, though :-/)? Got one for free and looks like it's more powerful than my superlowbudget Mini 2. The question is, which ROM? Is it worth to install something on the newest versions of Android?

Also, how's the memcard? I tried to install CM on my Mini 2 and the card didn't work until I reverted to 2.3.6 - don't know if it's a Gingerbread to higher version problem, my model's problem or my exact phone/my configuration.

Dec 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #761 of 904
For people in question of flashing 4.4, id say go for it. ART has been released and it makes my phone fly in terms of smoothness on my nexus 4. Sure there are a few incompatible apps but everything is much better now. My battery life has increasef from 3 and 1/2 hours s.o.t to 4 and a half. And o/a temp. Of cpu is decreased. Its a whole diff. Phone now :) even some of my nexus 5 friends cant get over the smoothness of my phone lol

Dec 25, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #762 of 904
ART isn't available on the N7 2012 though, some things are the same but others are slower(recent app switcher stutters). I haven't tried it on my N4 though.

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #764 of 904
  Same boat as you dude. I have the gnex right now. While I love it so Im looking for something new. The nexus 5 is so sexy but I cant get it on verizon. I would love to get the G2 but im not sure if I wanna ditch my Unlimited

Nexus 5 owner here just get the G2 and root it 
wink.gif
 Its only a good deal as an unlocked phone 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back