Anderson Silva's Sportsmanship
Oct 26, 2008 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mrdeadfolx

Headphoneus Supremus
Or lack thereof, I should say.

Did anyone else see his performance tonight? He was acting like a complete ass in the octagon. Patrick Cote goes out there and tries to have a serious fight, and Anderson Silva didn't even pretend to take the fight seriously. Dancing around (actually dancing, not stick-and-moving), offering to help Cote up when he was on the ground, not throwing anything, just relaxing in the ring making silly gestures, and just being a pompous dick the entire fight.

Some would say he was trying to psych Cote out, but I'm sure Cote was plenty psyched out going into the fight, and to me this was just a show of poor sportsmanship and cockyness. The thing I've always respected most about Silva was how humble, stoic and respectful he was, and tonight that all went out the window. He was acting like a jerk. Plus the ending of the fight was less than exciting (Cote blowing his ACL), which only adds to my disappointment.

Good thing the rest of the card was great, because I feel ripped off by that half-assed main event.

Oct 26, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #3 of 5
Yeah, he went a bit too far. I honestly think Anderson could of ended the fight in first/second round, but he wanted to show off his crunk.

Oct 27, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 5
Sorry did not see the fight just read the results..........

Who is left in UFC middleweight division that can even give Silva a real fight?

Looks like next fight has to be with UK's Bisping with an inflated 17-1 record, but has not fought anyone remotely as good as Silva and would not last one round

Oct 27, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #5 of 5
I guess when you're good enough to "walk the walk" and your totally capable of backing his trash talking(which I don't see him doing often or at all ) your allowed to be a little cocky , I will say this though, I thought he was sincere in trying to help Cote off the mat, so I may need to review the vid again.

I believe he will retire for a while till someone who is capable of giving him a good fight shows up.

Dream fight if B.J Penn could somehow meet Silva somewhere in the middle. (impossible I know) but I'd go for local boy B.J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back