And they say that crack is addictive
Apr 3, 2009 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

Dodger1

New Head-Fier
I first visited this site on March 1st of this year because I was looking for a reasonably priced set of cans to listen to music and play games with. I was, and to a large extent still am, a n00b when it comes to audio gear but in the last ~ 30 days I've:

1. Purchased a AD700
2. Purchased a ASUS STX
3. Purchased 9 opamps for the STX
4. Purchased a AD900
5. Sold the AD700
6. Ordered a AD2000 from Japan

Apr 3, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #4 of 60
I know the feeling...i have been on the site for like 4 months and i have spent like 700 dollars.

My wallet is hurting real bad but my ears are better than ever i think my hearing or at least my awareness of my hearing is really improving. And i am enjoying music like never before...so its not all bad lol

Apr 3, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #5 of 60
Don't worry, it gets worse.
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #7 of 60
I agree that this hobby has a way of making a person go from plans for a decent set-o-cans to a mega headphone-rig. But comparing it to a drug addiction that ruins peoples lives (if it doesn't kill them), is a touch insensitive imo.

I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from your gear
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 3, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #8 of 60
Ditto, bought almost all of my headphones listed in my sig during the last month after visiting this forum.
Now the D7000 is on the to-buy list!

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #10 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by wovenhand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, I hear ya.. I thought I'd get the HD650 and be done, but that turned out not to be the case.

Don't say that.
frown.gif
(I just pulled the trigger on a pair of HD650s!)

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #12 of 60
I am trying to resist this too. I just bought a headphone amp and a pair of AD700's.

I think I'm done with things for a while.

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #14 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't say that.
frown.gif
(I just pulled the trigger on a pair of HD650s!)

Hehe, don't worry. I actually regret selling them. They're great cans.

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #15 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodger1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I first visited this site on March 1st of this year because I was looking for a reasonably priced set of cans to listen to music and play games with. I was, and to a large extent still am, a n00b when it comes to audio gear but in the last ~ 30 days I've:

1. Purchased a AD700
2. Purchased a ASUS STX
3. Purchased 9 opamps for the STX
4. Purchased a AD900
5. Sold the AD700
6. Ordered a AD2000 from Japan

how much damage to the wallet so far?
I have been on Head fi slightly less than you (just graduated from junior head-fier to head foer, looking forward to 50th post lol)....arranged for a stranger to take receipt of my Senns 555 and ATH -AD700's in Orchard Park, New York, will be making a 2 and half hour drive on Sunday across the border to get them and return trip back...
already looking at amps....and a better soundcard...and used turntables....I started out wanting something to watch Blu-ray on my PC....
my wife is not amused.....I said there are worse hobbies...like crack!
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back