And then my CK7 died =(
May 20, 2010 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

1audioz

100+ Head-Fier
Just after a few days of purchasing the CK10 (and waiting for it to arrive)...my less-than-a-year-old pair of CK7 has lost playback in the right channel.

Strange - my RE2 broke in the right channel. My ED136 broke in the right channel...and my CK7 broke in the right channel.

I got emailed by Minidisc AU to call TAG.

How does one go about getting replacements?

The only "warranty-look-alike" documents I have are my original receipts and some AT doc in Japanese.

May 20, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #5 of 13
same here. Btw, don't count on getting them replaced if you got them from warehouse123.com, even after sending them multiple e-mails, they refused to respond.

May 20, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #10 of 13
Thanks KLS!

They sound phenomenal.

..and I've only had them for ~1 hour. Must still call up TAG though (CK7 can be given to mum who is hogging my AD700 for sound therapy at the moment).

May 20, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #12 of 13
If anything your CK7 probably just needs a plug replacement. If you get a new plug and have the ability to solder as well as have access to heat shrink, soldering iron, solder, etc. you can fix it yourself :p

congrats on your ck10 purchase and arrival. They are my favorite iem's right until I find something better for my purposes.

May 21, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #13 of 13
And so I called TAG.

I can ship them out to them with my Minidisc AU invoice and they may replace it for me.

@rawrster, I tried doing the same thing with my RE2's plug...it soon broke again. That said, I'm not that great with soldering anyway. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back