and the saga goes on - Sony MDR 7506
Jun 4, 2017 at 12:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

chikoo

New Head-Fier
Back in 2012, while shoping for a new headphone, the Head-FI forum proved to be an extremely valuable tool in helping me decide which headphone to go for - The SONY MDR-7506.

One change I made was the recommended changing of the leatherette pads to the Beyerdynamic DT250 velour pads.

Fast forward 5 years and it is is still going strong.

Then on a whim last week ordered another pair of the velour pads and stuck them atop the current ones, essentially making a deeper ear well, and the result has been nothing short of amazing. This has resulted in a deeper extended bass and smoother highs.

35e277ac75.jpg

Jun 4, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #2 of 6
Wait, is that earpads on earpads "pimp my ride style"? Thats probably the most surprising mod I've ever heard.

Jun 4, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #4 of 6
Wait, is that earpads on earpads "pimp my ride style"? Thats probably the most surprising mod I've ever heard.

u bet!
As a kid, I always used to play with with floor standing speakers and the volume of the speaker cabinet was an aspect that always changed the way the same driver would sound. On that whim, I tried this and it actually does work!

Jun 4, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #5 of 6
u bet!
As a kid, I always used to play with with floor standing speakers and the volume of the speaker cabinet was an aspect that always changed the way the same driver would sound. On that whim, I tried this and it actually does work!

I used to have the 7506's, and I tried a bunch of pads, but never would have thought to try stack them, lol. Glad its working for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back