.....and, I'm up for air!
Nov 21, 2018 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 273

Tyll Hertsens

Garmentus Vulgaris & Headphoneus Supremus
Member of the Trade: Innerfidelity
Howdy!!!

Saw Jude and Warren at RMAF, and they tell me people often ask, "How's Tyll doing?" Hell, they don't know either. I've gone black in the world of headphones. Well...one or two guys know a bit about what I been doing.

When I dropped off the radar May 11th, I was living in Putt (my step van) in my driveway, remodeling my house for sale. It took 'til Oct. 3rd to get the money in my pocket; change my tires and brakes ($4200!); and roll out of town to make it to RMAF. O.M.G. I went from full court pressure to I'M ****ING FREE in one ecstatic swoop.

GPTempDownload-X2.jpg

GPTempDownload-X2.jpg

Well...all sorts of stuff has happened in the last 7 weeks after RMAF.

Imma work on that for the next few hours. Feel free to stick around and comment as I work on the posts.

(This should be entertaining.)

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 273
Thanks, I will be. You'll see.

After RMAF I stopped for a day or two at a couple friends places around Denver. I needed to be in Texas in 3 weeks, so a lazy trip south had me in Truth or Consequences, NM.

I stayed at Elephant Butte Lake about here.

ElephatButteLake-L.jpg

CaballoPuttPark-L.jpg

Next day I got in touch with my buddy Captain Rick.

RickPortrait-L.jpg

Obviously, my kinda guy.

Nov 21, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #6 of 273
Nice photos man!
Your copilot looks pretty happy too! I like the “seat.”

Thanks, I will be. You'll see.

After RMAF I stopped for a day or two at a couple friends places around Denver. I needed to be in Texas in 3 weeks, so a lazy trip south had me in Truth or Consequences, NM.

I stayed at Elephant Butte Lake about here.

ElephatButteLake-L.jpg

CaballoPuttPark-L.jpg

Next day I got in touch with my buddy Captain Rick.

RickPortrait-L.jpg

Obviously, my kinda guy.

Nov 22, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #7 of 273
Turns out I think I'll be producing a YouTube channel; prolly start it in August of next year. So, I bought a bunch of cameras and recording gear and started practicing. I got in touch with my Inner Drone at Ricks.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #8 of 273
How are you adjusting to life on the road? I know you used to go on long bike trips, but living in Putt is a whole other beast.

And since this is Head-Fi, I have to ask: anything catch you ear at RMAF?

Dude, I was built for this...you'll see. I'm happy as a clam.

Mostly manufacturers would say, "Hey Tyll, check out my new headphones!"
And I'd say, "No thanks,I'm retired. I'm just here to talk to friends."
But I did think the Questyle isobaric design was really intersting and sounded about what I had hoped the technology would---tight impactive bass.
And the weird winged things were pretty good sounding...someone here will know the model.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #9 of 273
Nice photos man!
Your copilot looks pretty happy too! I like the “seat.”

THanks. Dartagnon (Dart for short) loves his perch. When I crack the window on that door the gap is about 4 inches from his nose. 60 MPH smellovision. He digs it.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #12 of 273
...except that one time you said you preferred the ATH-M50x to the MDR-Z1R..

It's not that the M50x was all that great, it's just that the Sony sucked...IMHO.

Post blogs in your youtube channel

I am going to start a YouTube channel, should go up about August of next year...I'm preparing now---learning how to fly the drone; three GoPros; killer little audio recorder. So I'll be gathering lots of footage in the intervening time for the intro videos. I figure it would be fun to show little snippets here as I work towards the launch of the channel.

Nov 22, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #13 of 273
give yourself a few years you'll give up the channel, but enjoy

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #14 of 273
I would be at Rick's for a week waiting for a buddy to show up in Truth or Consequences, so I decided to take a little side trip to the Gila cliff dwellings. I head West on 152 for breakfast in Hillsboro at the General Store.

HillsboroCafeOutside-L.jpg

HillsboroCafeBreakfast-L.jpg

Then up and over Emory Pass to Silver City. OMG, talk about a curvy road.

EmoryGPSTwisties-L.jpg

Lemme show you, here's five minutes you won't get back.

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #15 of 273
What a great drive. Putt is running like a champ, and even though it's a big beast to move along a twisty road, it handles really nice and is a treat to drive.

Stopped just short of the cliff dwelling for the night at a cool camground. Eight bucks a night and two hot springs to soak in.

GilaHotSpring2-L.jpg

GilaHotSpring1-L.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back