1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

.....and, I'm up for air!

Discussion in 'Tyll's Blog' started by Tyll Hertsens, Nov 21, 2018.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. Lunar Eclipse
    Sweet setup!
    If it's the same game, my friends and I call it 10,000 or just dice:) three 1's=1000, three pairs=1500, last two dice rolled in a turn are a 'push' to continue if they're the same number. If there are dice remaining from the previous 'live' turn, the current player can choose to continue with the remaining dice and previous score, but never on a qualifying roll. Must get 10,000 points exactly or turn is over etc..

Pretty much the plumbus of dice games.

I'm a bit of a weirdo in the sense of when we play I like a cloth top to hear tunes better. Sometimes in a frisbee! My fave surface so far has been a wide wooden stump on castors. Nice low thud! 3's is a good one too for a less lengthy session.

Living the dream Tyll!!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    Passenger11 likes this.
  2. Tyll Hertsens Contributor
    Pretty much the same game as 10000, but three 1s is 300; any four of a kind 1000; 3 pairs and a straight are 1500; 2 trips and five of a kind is 2500;
    six of a kind is 3000.

If I play my rules with a group of 10000 players I never win because they take a bit more risk and someone will get a big roll. but if I play Farkle 1 on 1 with a 10000 player I'll usually win. There are other Farkle rule sets that are more popular than what I play----I play the most basic and pure rules.

Oh yeah, I've noticed big differences in playing surfaces. the 13 layers of urethane on the Farkle Hut table grip the rounded edges of the die and make them dance in a lovely way.

Thanks for the color commentary, Wink!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Sp12er3, Passenger11, RCBinTN and 2 others like this.
  3. Tyll Hertsens Contributor
    Anyhow, a couple of days go by, and Jamie walks up to me and says, "Man, I got so much stuff going on, and I got this headphone review I really want to do for this guy."

I looked him in the eye for a few seconds. "I haven't told you what I did for a living, have I?"

"No."

"I was a professional headphone reviewer."

"Holy smoke, your kidding me. Will you review these for me, pretty please?"

There's pretty much no one else I would do it for, but Jamie is the man.

"Of course, but it's the last headphone review I'll ever do for you."

So here it is folks, buy very last headphone review...for sure!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  4. SybilLance
    Hi Tyll.

I miss your unique take and perspective on things, not necessarily headphones. And I'm so happy you and Dart are living the free life.

Cheers!

Sp12er3, Q Mass and Bern2 like this.
  5. HungryPanda
    All the best on your travels Tyll

dhruvmeena96 likes this.
  6. wink
    Piotr Michalak, Juan_R and RCBinTN like this.
  7. Tyll Hertsens Contributor
    Phew. Van build is over, time to start on my own van build. You see, phase one of my build was just getting out the door in a workable situation. Now that I’m out and about, and have the money from my house, I can start on phase two—-which is throwing a bunch of money at various things. First up, finishing the electrical system.

After the van build I made my way to a camp where a number of friends from a van dwelller forum will be showing up throughout the winter. I was last man out of the van build, and someone had abandon Skully. He doesn’t bother you with senseless chit-chat, and hardly eats a thing. I guess I’ve adopted him.

[​IMG]

Spent the next couple of days wiring in my inverter/charger and battery monitor.

[​IMG]

Also put 4 new 100W solar panels on the roof for a total of 600W. The four Trojan golf cart batteries give me about 240AH of useful 12V juice. Not enough for air conditioning or a microwave (neither of which I plan to have) but a goodly amount for the recharge it of gadgets and to build some water for coffee in the AM on an induction cooktop.

Currently I’m in Lake Havasu doing a little shopping. Got some slippers and a new mattress. Ooooo...comfy. Also going to be picking up a bunch of parts for my water filtration system, which I’ll be working on out in the desert for the next week. I’ll do a better job of taking pix this time.

Sp12er3, Passenger11, RCBinTN and 9 others like this.
  8. wink
    [​IMG] equals [​IMG]..

9. purk Contributor
    So glad to get all these updates!! Keep it up Tyll and enjoy the open road!

Sp12er3 likes this.
  10. NaiveSound
  11. WoodyLuvr
    You drop that new engine in yet? Very curious to see and hear about that. Enjoy the no-strings attached semi-digital nomad lifestyle!

12. azabu
    Tyll, nothing says you can't travel the US and review headphones. I think we all miss you in the headphone-land.

Keep well.

13. myusernameislove
    It’s good to see you can manage and financialy all seems well. You lucky boy! :wink:
    Nature is somethin I love too, we all do, don’t we? I only imagine how fresh the air must be on road on certain places, and you can get very close to it.
    Keep making friends and cheering yourself up! Your body will love you for few minutes of peaceful sittimg, walking etc. each day every hour or two. So feel free to find your own rhythm of doing things. Hey and 5 dishes a day at least, no big ones, only small ones, and your belly will tighten itself up! And drink a lot clean water. Big breakfast, orange, medium lunch, apple, apple, small supper, beer, great way to stay healthy.

Good wind

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  14. Ripper2860
    Wow! Great to have you back in the fold!! Looking forward to living vicariously though your adventures!!

15. bowei006 Contributor
    I mean you could still write on inner fidelity.

That is your inner fidelity and tranquility at retiring and being free! :D

SybilLance likes this.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last